XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Cant flash Roms

Tip us?

osh89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HELP! Cant flash Roms

Help my hox is lock on sentinel 4.75 and I cant flash any other rom onto it.
Every time I try to load another rom it crashed at the htc boot screen and never load (I have left it for up to 20 mins)
When this happens the only thing I can do is reload a nandroid of sentinel 4.75 and flash the boot image to return to my previous rom.
I have tried multiple roms including probam, sentinel 5.0, xenonhd and icj with no luck on any of them.

I am on Hboot 1.31 and have installed philz recovery.
Recently I found that my phone had no root access and had to reflash the rom - again the only one that worked was sentinel 4.75
Is there anything I can do to fix my phone to allow me to load another rom. Im finding different issues every time I reload sentinel and would really love to load something else.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7506

DONATE TO ME
Update the hboot

Rowlf
Old
(Last edited by Rowlf; 22nd December 2013 at 07:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
I am guessing that you are forgetting to flash the boot image included in the rom you desire to install.
For example you want to install sentinel v5.00.

update: forgot to mention that you need to update your hboot to run newer roms. you can find proper
hboot update files for your cid in xda forum. Credits to Mr Hofs for the reminder.

Follow these steps.

Technical terms:

adb or fastboot folder: a folder where you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe
HOX: HTC One X

preparation:
a. go to your fastboot or adb folder and rename any 'boot.img' to anything else, like sentinel475.img
b. download the zip file of the rom you want to install
c. copy this zip file into your HOX
d. open the zip file and copy the 'boot.img' file into your adb or fastboot folder
e. make sure your HOX has atleast 60% charge(50% is also fine)

Flashing procedure:
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Select 'wipe data/factory reset'
  • Select 'wipe data/factory reset for new rom' ( applicable to philz recovery only)
  • Then go back to main menu in recovery
  • Select 'install zip from sdcard'
  • Select the zip file, the one you copied to your HOX
  • Once it has been flashed properly
  • Reboot into bootloader
  • connect your HOX with your PC and make sure the HOX display shows 'fastboot usb' in red
  • open a command window and go to your fastboot folder
  • type in fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • type in fastboot erase cache
  • type in fastboot reboot
  • disconnect your hox and wait for 5 to 7 minutes for hox to boot into desktop

Thats it. I always follow these steps and everything is fine. You also have to flash gapps zip file but we need to get a proper rom
loaded first before we can do anything else. gapps is always flashable later so no worries about it.

BTW, does it say 'Unlocked' or 'Relocked' in your bootload on the top of the screen?
Can you post the steps you are following to flash other roms? May be you are missing some steps.
Most of the times, a rom will not boot if you don't flash the boot.img that came with the rom.

Thanks, and let me know your results

[Disclaimer: If you follow these steps then you automatically agree to not hold me and all xda forum staff and members responsible for
any damage that might have resulted following or not following these instructions properly or improperly.]

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 7506

DONATE TO ME
Leave the steps above for now. First give me the outcome of

Fastboot getvar version-main

osh89
Old
(Last edited by osh89; 22nd December 2013 at 10:58 AM.) Reason: added more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks rowlf I have installed a few roms before and am familiar with the installation process.
Sorry mistaken it is hboot 1.36
Mr hofs - the version is 3.14.707.24
In case you need cid is HTC__044

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 22nd December 2013 at 05:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7506

DONATE TO ME
I suggest you run the ruu to get back to full stock and try to update via official ota.

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...434_signed.exe

Get the hboot higher up.

Edit :

1.36 ? Thats fine for all roms. When you install a new one i always advice to do the full wipe manually. Factory reset, wipe caches and format cache,data and system ! Then install the rom.