I am guessing that you are forgetting to flash the boot image included in the rom you desire to install.
For example you want to install sentinel v5.00.
update: forgot to mention that you need to update your hboot to run newer roms. you can find proper
hboot update files for your cid in xda forum. Credits to Mr Hofs for the reminder.
Follow these steps.
adb or fastboot folder: a folder where you have fastboot.exe and adb.exe
HOX: HTC One X
a. go to your fastboot or adb folder and rename any 'boot.img' to anything else, like sentinel475.img
b. download the zip file of the rom you want to install
c. copy this zip file into your HOX
d. open the zip file and copy the 'boot.img' file into your adb or fastboot folder
e. make sure your HOX has atleast 60% charge(50% is also fine)
- Reboot into recovery
- Select 'wipe data/factory reset'
- Select 'wipe data/factory reset for new rom' ( applicable to philz recovery only)
- Then go back to main menu in recovery
- Select 'install zip from sdcard'
- Select the zip file, the one you copied to your HOX
- Once it has been flashed properly
- Reboot into bootloader
- connect your HOX with your PC and make sure the HOX display shows 'fastboot usb' in red
- open a command window and go to your fastboot folder
- type in fastboot flash boot boot.img
- type in fastboot erase cache
- type in fastboot reboot
- disconnect your hox and wait for 5 to 7 minutes for hox to boot into desktop
Thats it. I always follow these steps and everything is fine. You also have to flash gapps zip file but we need to get a proper rom
loaded first before we can do anything else. gapps is always flashable later so no worries about it.
BTW, does it say 'Unlocked' or 'Relocked' in your bootload on the top of the screen?
Can you post the steps you are following to flash other roms? May be you are missing some steps.
Most of the times, a rom will not boot if you don't flash the boot.img that came with the rom.
Thanks, and let me know your results
[Disclaimer: If you follow these steps then you automatically agree to not hold me and all xda forum staff and members responsible for
any damage that might have resulted following or not following these instructions properly or improperly.]