5,605,835 Members 47,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What's your setup?
I am on the OLD bootloader, have crashing/freezing 2 40.00%
I am on the OLD bootloader, and have no problems 3 60.00%
I am on the NEW bootloader 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Are you on the old bootloader and having issues with crashing?

Tip us?

omniwolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443
Cloud Search Are you on the old bootloader and having issues with crashing?

I have managed to stay on the old bootloader, and have tried about 4 ROMs now with full wipes (data + system) before flashing, and have freezing and crashing issues with all of them. I have tried:
- Omega (x2)
- Foxhound
- Echoe
- Goldeneye

They all work fine for the most part, but on average once a day either the phone will reboot on me, or things will start to get crashy (whether it's the framework (eg I start having trouble pulling down the notification bar), or an app will freeze). If I reboot things work well again for a while, but within the next 24-48 hours something will go wrong again.

Having tried so many ROMs, all with full wipes I'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm still on the old bootloader.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I never had it with the 4.2.2 ROMs.
XDA II > i-mate PDA2 > HTC Touch > HTC Diamond > HTC Desire > SGS2 > SGS3 > SGS3 LTE > SGN2 LTE > SGS4 LTE
Running Wanamlite ROM, Adam kernel

Are you a ROM chef? Want to make sure your APKs have the correct compression settings, the internal PNGs are optimised, and the APKs are zip aligned? Check out my script:
[SCRIPT] Repack multiple APKs with proper compression settings

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniwolf View Post
I have managed to stay on the old bootloader, and have tried about 4 ROMs now with full wipes (data + system) before flashing, and have freezing and crashing issues with all of them. I have tried:
- Omega (x2)
- Foxhound
- Echoe
- Goldeneye

They all work fine for the most part, but on average once a day either the phone will reboot on me, or things will start to get crashy (whether it's the framework (eg I start having trouble pulling down the notification bar), or an app will freeze). If I reboot things work well again for a while, but within the next 24-48 hours something will go wrong again.

Having tried so many ROMs, all with full wipes I'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm still on the old bootloader.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I never had it with the 4.2.2 ROMs.
Try to Update your recovery mate. Ex. Philz or twrp. Old bootloader rocks so keep it that way. Have a nice day.

Sent from my Phone.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"

omniwolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443
thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help. I was on a 2 month old version of PhilZ, i upgraded to the latest, and then a few hours later the screen wouldn't turn on, had to force a reboot by holding down the power button.
XDA II > i-mate PDA2 > HTC Touch > HTC Diamond > HTC Desire > SGS2 > SGS3 > SGS3 LTE > SGN2 LTE > SGS4 LTE
Running Wanamlite ROM, Adam kernel

Are you a ROM chef? Want to make sure your APKs have the correct compression settings, the internal PNGs are optimised, and the APKs are zip aligned? Check out my script:
[SCRIPT] Repack multiple APKs with proper compression settings