5,596,128 Members 33,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to quickly know whether your screen is defective?

Tip us?

1988amr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How to quickly know whether your screen is defective?

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I live in Dubai and I'm going to buy a Z1 in the coming days. My problem is - I want to know how to tell straight away whether my phone is the one with a defective yellowish tint or a normal brilliant sony display. Im more or less a noob and reading through the threads here I haven't been able to ascertain this and instead have been left quite confused.

I was hoping one of the experts on here could help me come up with a quick way (e.g. turning it on and checking for a setting or firmware etc.) or even just turning it on and looking for something in particular. This is something I can quickly do in the retail outlet without waiting till I get home and then coming back and fighting with the store (as is commonplace in the middle east haha). I had the Z before and now I'm using a horrible horrible BB Z10 and the only thing stopping me from walking into a store and picking up the Z1 is this!

Thanks in advance.

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Hello!

You can go to setting > about device > diagnostics > test device > scree and see if I is white or yellowish, if you ware not sure about it, go to the same place on the phone showed for testing and compare them.

Regards,
~J2C

troed
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988amr View Post
Hello everyone,

I need some help. I live in Dubai and I'm going to buy a Z1 in the coming days. My problem is - I want to know how to tell straight away whether my phone is the one with a defective yellowish tint or a normal brilliant sony display. Im more or less a noob and reading through the threads here I haven't been able to ascertain this and instead have been left quite confused.

I was hoping one of the experts on here could help me come up with a quick way (e.g. turning it on and checking for a setting or firmware etc.) or even just turning it on and looking for something in particular. This is something I can quickly do in the retail outlet without waiting till I get home and then coming back and fighting with the store (as is commonplace in the middle east haha). I had the Z before and now I'm using a horrible horrible BB Z10 and the only thing stopping me from walking into a store and picking up the Z1 is this!

Thanks in advance.
Checked it one month ago in Sony Store at Dubai Mall (right ahead when You come from rail-station "Dubai Mall" entering the mall). Compared exhibit devices with my Z1: all the same brilliant screens ............... people were quite nice there, shouldn´t be a problem to check Your purchased device: if screen is pure white and sharp under the illumination at Dubai Mall Your device is okay. Maybe You can ask them to let You check against a Galaxy Note in the store opposite to Sony´s when You leave a full deposite ...............

Greetings ...............
Angelo Troedhan
HTC Touch HD Blackstone(retired), HTC HD2 (retired)
SGS II, (retired), SGS III (retired), SG Note (retired), SGN 10.1 (use: only at home as reader,video, remote control for my Sammy-TV)
Current: Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Sony Xperia Z1, DSC-QX100

http://www.perfectsmileandface.com/Z...-Info-main.htm
http://www.perfectsmileandface.com/Z...Detailinfo.htm
http://www.perfectsmileandface.com/P...Behandlung.htm

shteren
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Lolol lots of people who had white screens noticed yellow hue after fw change... IMHO all screen are the same, just need to adjust colors....

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk