XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted new S4 (Verizon) purchased yesterday

Tip us?

ChrisAC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Rooted new S4 (Verizon) purchased yesterday

I'm posting here because as a newbie, I'm not allowed to post in any dev forums, but . . .

I received the Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCHI545) yesterday, powered it on, activated it. It promply downloaded the I545VRUEMK2 update & asked me to install it, which I let it.

After reading the entire thread, I followed K1mu's post #1 instructions in the thread [ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3

I took my time, because I wanted to make sure my Samsung USB drivers would communicate properly before taking the plunge. I had an older version of the drivers installed for my Droid Charge already (which were reported to work) but I wanted to test the ADB communications first.

After confirming that, i ran the batch file K1mu provided, & everything worked as expected. I rooted the Original Motorola Droid, the Samsung Droid Charge, & now this. I must say this was the easiest root I have performed.

Thanks to K1mu and all the helpful posters in that thread.

Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisAC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

awskier08
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Would be nice if you actually post in a thread for the root.. this will probably get lost.

Just sayin...

Galaxy S4
Running Hyperdrive RLS14 on the stock side in Safestrap recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to awskier08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChrisAC
Old
(Last edited by ChrisAC; 22nd December 2013 at 12:44 PM.) Reason: learning as I go about proper posting manners
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by awskier08 View Post
Would be nice if you actually post in a thread for the root.. this will probably get lost.

Just sayin...
Scratch all I wrote below. I see what you mean. There are already several ongoing threads right here! I should have added to one of the existing . . .

I tried to post in the developers section where the conversation is ongoing. I have not enough posts, and the mods will not allow me to post there. If you mean I should have posted to a particular rooting thread in the "General Forum" . . . point taken.

Thanks

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13088
With that. thread is closed ...
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe