XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kies 3 and Outlook Sync problem

Tip us?

rdann
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kies 3 and Outlook Sync problem

I have just upgraded my note 2 to android 4.3, and Kies 3. I am not able to sync since this upgrade, and I get a message ( make outlook your default email client) It already is!. Has anyone got their Note 2 sync working with this setup, or is it just not possible anymore?

All replies would be most welcome.

Fygaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdann View Post
I have just upgraded my note 2 to android 4.3, and Kies 3. I am not able to sync since this upgrade, and I get a message ( make outlook your default email client) It already is!. Has anyone got their Note 2 sync working with this setup, or is it just not possible anymore?

If you mean sync with Kies i think almost nobody is using it and thats why you got no replies , i wish i could help you but i am not using Kies but you can search play store for an email or contact sync alternative if thats what you need .

rdann
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fygaroo View Post
If you mean sync with Kies i think almost nobody is using it and thats why you got no replies , i wish i could help you but i am not using Kies but you can search play store for an email or contact sync alternative if thats what you need .
Kies was working perfectly up to the upgrade to version 3, I am sure their must be other people in a similar situation. If there really is no chance of getting it working again then I will look for an alternative or just change my phone which may be the best solution.

Fygaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Changing a phone over such a small issue , anyway samsung doesn't make great software and your kies maybe bugged so try reinstaling it or going tru troubleshooting in the app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Szczepanik
Old
(Last edited by Szczepanik; 23rd December 2013 at 12:49 AM.) Reason: added PS Aquamail IMAP
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 568
Quote:

Seems to be a known problem. See this thread
Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 > Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > [Q] Galaxy S4 + Android 4.3 + Kies 3 - No Outlook Sync

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513671

I have this issue with my UK O2 stock GT-N7100 as I use Outlook app to manage hotmail spam folder and it no longer refreshes. Only change was update to 4.3.
I just bought a new laptop and did not buy a Samsung because of this sort of poor support.
Cheers
Tom
P.S. I switched to Aquamail using IMAP and deleted Outlook app.
My Note 2 to you

Device 2011-Date: HTC HD2 Leo RAM: 448 mb!!
WM 6.5 ROM: O2 UK stock ROM: 3.14.206.1 WWE
Android Version 4 ICS / JB (SD Haret Boonbing Port-a-Droid SuperRAM)
Device 2007-2011: HTC Artemis P3300 O2 Xda Orbit
ROM: AndreW82 WM6.1 21056 Lite RAM: 28 mb!
Possibly the last HD2 sold by O2
Amateur at only 2/6 on the legendary MEschle path
Recognized Contributor WIKI Pages Created
Find all threads started by:Learning Never Ends team

rdann
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

There have been some upgrades to Kies 3, and now it works perfectly, if you have not tried, do it now.