5,597,397 Members 30,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need some help rooting and flashing a custom rom

Tip us?
 
Mikrouwel
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Feb 2011
Cool [Q] Need some help rooting and flashing a custom rom

Hey guys,

I got my N9005 a few month back and have waited for a way to flash a custom ROM without tripping Knox. It seems like the time has arrived but now I am rather confused.

I found this link on how to flash mods/custom roms without tripping Knox however to use it my phone needs to be rooted. I thought that would be no problem with the Knox safe root out however this is not the case because all the links are dead and everything seems to be geared on MJ7 or something.

I have not done any updates on my phone (unless any were done automatically) and when I check in settings under build number is has JSS15J.N9005XXUBMI7

So basically I would like to know if what I want to achieve is possible and if so could somebody be kind enough to point me in the right direction

Many thanks in advance
Nexus 4
 
jaythenut
Old
#2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1265
Posts: 4,409
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrouwel View Post
Hey guys,

I got my N9005 a few month back and have waited for a way to flash a custom ROM without tripping Knox. It seems like the time has arrived but now I am rather confused.

I found this link on how to flash mods/custom roms without tripping Knox however to use it my phone needs to be rooted. I thought that would be no problem with the Knox safe root out however this is not the case because all the links are dead and everything seems to be geared on MJ7 or something.

I have not done any updates on my phone (unless any were done automatically) and when I check in settings under build number is has JSS15J.N9005XXUBMI7

So basically I would like to know if what I want to achieve is possible and if so could somebody be kind enough to point me in the right direction

Many thanks in advance
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498850
have a look here
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mikrouwel
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
The links are dead
Nexus 4
 
Mikrouwel
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrouwel View Post
The links are dead
Okay so the links are back up and I have been giving it a go but I keep on getting errors when using the URDLV script and ending up with a 11kb file

Could somebody please intruct me how to call the URDLV bat from cygwin since apparently this is the only solution and well im a real noob :P

Thanks in advance
Michael
Nexus 4
 
Mikrouwel
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Feb 2011
Okay im now rooted with my Knox 0x0 and now to flash a ROM.

I keep getting the Permission Denied error with Kn0x0ut Anyone know a fix? Yes I tried the fixes in the thread but none worked
Nexus 4
 
Killberty
Old
#6  
Killberty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 380
Posts: 1,103
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrouwel View Post
Okay im now rooted with my Knox 0x0 and now to flash a ROM.

I keep getting the Permission Denied error with Kn0x0ut Anyone know a fix? Yes I tried the fixes in the thread but none worked
Ask zroice himself in his thread, he answers fast and competent

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
 
Mikrouwel
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 61
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Ask zroice himself in his thread, he answers fast and competent

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
I have and nothing yet however I shall wait patiently
Nexus 4

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more