XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Skinnomi Techskin for KF HDX 7 review/impressions

Tip us?

kschang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Skinnomi Techskin for KF HDX 7 review/impressions

Ordered this on the 14th, did not arrive until today, guess it must be Christmas rush.

First impression of the box is quite impressive. Instead of the typical 'flat box' Skinomi arrived in a small 'cylinder' roughly the size of a 20 oz soft drink bottle, maybe a little smaller. There's not much inside to see, but it's a complete install set, which includes:
  • Skinomi Techskin (with full sheet adhesive backing), in sealed
  • Lens / cleaning cloth, sealed
  • Hand-sized rubber squeegee, sealed
  • Pen-sized spray bottle of install solution/cleaner

And warning that you should watch their install video first before attempting the install.

Install went without a hitch, as the instructions are quite thorough. Basic idea is simple, and was covered here on XDA before. I may have used a bit too much liquid, but it's not a huge deal. I removed as much bubble as I can see, then left for some errands.

I came back in a couple hours, and was horrified to find some HUGE bubbles, after everything had dried, but a bit of rubbing (from center out) with the squeegee's side edge took care of that.

The fit is ALMOST perfect. the longer side could use maybe a "hair" more material, but it is merely a nitpick. I can detect NO visual flaws in the skin and it is completely visually transparent.

At $2.96 on Amazon, this is not the cheapest, but it is VERY economical, and quality is excellent.

I plan to leave it on for a VERY long time and hopefully give you folks a long-term review.

improvius
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I was about to install one on my 8.9 when I noticed a couple of dents in the skin. Now I'm waiting to see if they'll send me a replacement.