[Q] Only acces on sd-card thru usb-mass storage

Tip us?

cluster56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Only acces on sd-card thru usb-mass storage

Hi there,

I have a HTC wildfire [buzz] -s off, I rooted it, got cm7 on it. Now the problem is, the SD-card worked perfectly, and after a while the phone doesn't recognize my SD-card anymore. At some point it eats 4g away from my partitionated 8g SD. Then suddenly i have no SD at all anymore atleast on software cm7 running, however when I boot into recoverymode i can only have acces to that sd card while in usb mass storage device thru my pc. But can't install any apps since I was gonna install 'gapps' when i noticed SD was not recognized by cm7.... I formated mulitple times using sd-format and minitool partion a few times with different partitions one fat-32 other ext2. now 4g formatted just fat 32.

Can anybody give me a work around? I'm fairly new to rooting. So keep it a bit simple if possible.
Thanks and kind regards.

anttaz
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluster56 View Post
Hi there,

I have a HTC wildfire [buzz] -s off, I rooted it, got cm7 on it. Now the problem is, the SD-card worked perfectly, and after a while the phone doesn't recognize my SD-card anymore. At some point it eats 4g away from my partitionated 8g SD. Then suddenly i have no SD at all anymore atleast on software cm7 running, however when I boot into recoverymode i can only have acces to that sd card while in usb mass storage device thru my pc. But can't install any apps since I was gonna install 'gapps' when i noticed SD was not recognized by cm7.... I formated mulitple times using sd-format and minitool partion a few times with different partitions one fat-32 other ext2. now 4g formatted just fat 32.

Can anybody give me a work around? I'm fairly new to rooting. So keep it a bit simple if possible.
Thanks and kind regards.
Try Using SD Formater tool I used in windows fixed loads of SD card Problems for me the link: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/

Now I use Gparted in linux as no longer use Windows ever
The Following User Says Thank You to anttaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cluster56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
already did that mate, got that tool but didn't resolve the problem
thx for the reply tho

cluster56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default sd-card problem

well, the phone does recocgnize when I remove the card.... strangely enough, not when I put it back inside

the X Machine
Old
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks and kind regards.
when did this started because it happened to me after i partitioned my sdcard try deleting all partitions then see what happens

cluster56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default problem is solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by the X Machine View Post
when did this started because it happened to me after i partitioned my sdcard try deleting all partitions then see what happens
Well it seems the partition I made was lost, I ran minitool partition lost and it did the trick, found 4gb partition back, deleted all and made a new one, sd-card works again on phone, me happy....

Thanks for the reply's tho
Kind regards
Cluster

the X Machine
Old
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well it seems the partition I made was lost, I ran minitool partition lost and it did the trick, found 4gb partition back, deleted all and made a new one, sd-card works again on phone, me happy....

Thanks for the reply's tho
Kind regards
Cluster
and me want to see a thx

The Following User Says Thank You to the X Machine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]