XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [question] xbmc 12.2 fails to start on GT-P1000 4.2.2 CM10.1

Tip us?

freeman9911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] [question] xbmc 12.2 fails to start on GT-P1000 4.2.2 CM10.1

My Gtab works great with CM 10.1 and enjoying the 4.2.2 It gave life again to this tablet. I downloaded/installed xbmc 12.2 but every time I try to start it it crashes. It never worked!
Any one aware of such problem? I tried to uninstall and install, clear data and cache of the app but in vain.
I would love to get it to work. It works on my 4.1 devices (Galaxy S3 and Google TV device).

Ichijoe
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman9911 View Post
My Gtab works great with CM 10.1 and enjoying the 4.2.2 It gave life again to this tablet. I downloaded/installed xbmc 12.2 but every time I try to start it it crashes. It never worked!
Any one aware of such problem? I tried to uninstall and install, clear data and cache of the app but in vain.
I would love to get it to work. It works on my 4.1 devices (Galaxy S3 and Google TV device).
Two Points...

One: How can you boast of new life, when 4.2.2 breaks Bluetooth, and the Front Camera, as well as the Wired Headset Button?

Two: XBMC 12 isn't really fixed on Android yet. (i.e. Hardware Acceleration), XBMC 13 (Gotham), addresses those issues, but being in Alpha its still quite unstable... Till its not. Sadly we just have to wait until Gotham gets released. My guess would be sometime in April.

freeman9911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
Two Points...

One: How can you boast of new life, when 4.2.2 breaks Bluetooth, and the Front Camera, as well as the Wired Headset Button?

Two: XBMC 12 isn't really fixed on Android yet. (i.e. Hardware Acceleration), XBMC 13 (Gotham), addresses those issues, but being in Alpha its still quite unstable... Till its not. Sadly we just have to wait until Gotham gets released. My guess would be sometime in April.
well compare to how slow it was on GB I am so happy with the JB version. I don't use bluetooth on my Gtab, it's mostly used for surfing the web, watching tv/movies, and social media.
As far as XBMC, I am using it on my Galaxy S3 and it's working with few issues, but at least it starts up and run. I read many posts of other users who have XBMC running on their GTab and I was wondering what am I missing. It crashes right away, never makes it to the user interface!