4 years on xda.

Tip us?

qs504792
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Default 4 years on xda.

I have been around these forums and have enjoyed the friendly community and the help taken and given. I have been through multiple android phones and this site has helped me to make each of them better.
Lately there has been a lot of interference from moderators. Shutting down active threads for really no apparent reason.. People discussing what ever it is it be and a mod comes in and closes the thread because they JUDGED for themself that they don't like it. Or they try and conclude everything to there liking. I have been visiting xda less and less because of this. I feel like your taking all of the fun out of a great community and being hard asses for whatever reason. Seems like a bunch of out of control cops abusing there powers just because they can.
Right now I'm laughing because some moderator is reading this and is probably going to explode with anger and remove/delete this thread.
:beer: relax.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 229

DONATE TO ME
The sections I have frequented, I have no issue with the moderators of those sections. I guess to each their own.

I have been a moderator on another forum for over a year and know by personal experience sometimes you have to piss off a few to keep things in order and have the rules enforced. Each infraction has to be treated to similar consequences for equality, but sometimes that is hard to follow when you have a huge forum like XDA where you need a handful of people for a lot of different sections. Keeping the moderators in line as an admin can be a daunting task. If you feel a moderator is abusing his power, best to ask over PM why he did what he did. If he doesn't have reason for his actions, contact an admin of his actions.

Sent from my DNA using my mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by qs504792 View Post
I have been around these forums and have enjoyed the friendly community and the help taken and given. I have been through multiple android phones and this site has helped me to make each of them better.
Lately there has been a lot of interference from moderators. Shutting down active threads for really no apparent reason.. People discussing what ever it is it be and a mod comes in and closes the thread because they JUDGED for themself that they don't like it. Or they try and conclude everything to there liking. I have been visiting xda less and less because of this. I feel like your taking all of the fun out of a great community and being hard asses for whatever reason. Seems like a bunch of out of control cops abusing there powers just because they can.
Right now I'm laughing because some moderator is reading this and is probably going to explode with anger and remove/delete this thread.
:beer: relax.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
I am sorry that you feel like the moderators are being heavy handed. If you have an issue with the way something is being handled you can PM the moderator in question and if you are still not happy you can send a PM to the Moderator Committee. I guarantee you that it will be looked into. Please do not post PMs from people into the open forums, PMs are meant to be private, posting it in public kind of defeats the purpose of them .

I promise you that the moderators want the same friendly community atmosphere that you do. Part of that requires some proactive steps to keep things that we know will eventually cause problems from causing those problems. I am sure you will agree that a thread about how the iPhone is better than the Note 3 will quickly degrade into a giant hate fest.

I am going to close this thread, because, I think it will only attract trouble. Please, take advantage of whomever it is you have contacted and feel free to PM me with any issues you have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe