5,605,187 Members 37,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No sd card recognized (VZW Galaxy Note 3)

Tip us?

ilpleasu
Old
(Last edited by ilpleasu; 11th December 2013 at 07:11 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] No sd card recognized (VZW Galaxy Note 3)

Been using my 64gb SanDisk Ultra sd card since I had my Verizon Note 3 with no problems, then all of a sudden my Note 3 just stopped recognizing the card. I can take it out of the phone put it in my pc and wallah it works works great, take it out put it back in my Note 3 and nothing. Has anyone had this to happen to their phone?

bisquick24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpleasu View Post
Been using my 64gb SanDisk Ultra sd card since I had my Verizon Note 3 with no problems, then all of a sudden my Note 3 just stopped recognizing the card. I can take it out of the phone put it in my pc and wallah it works works great, take it out put it back in my Note 3 and nothing. Has anyone had this to happen to their phone?
Not sure if I had this problem yet. I put my sd card in the slot and it got super hot. I got worried and removed it. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

haza12d
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpleasu View Post
Does your phone recognize other cards or does the problem just happen with the SanDisk?

ilpleasu
Old
(Last edited by ilpleasu; 21st December 2013 at 05:14 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Yes it does, I even put it in my PC and got the same results, I'm trying to retrieve my data by using a program that ScanDisk provides via an Internet download.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Verizon SM-N900V
SS3.65/CleanRom 1.6
Rock Solid

ilpleasu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
I have purchased a new 64gb ScanDisk Ultra Extreme to replace the old one so hopefully I want have that problem again. Would like to recover my data from the old sd card though. Have not had any success with the software from ScanDisk....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Verizon SM-N900V
SS3.65/CleanRom 1.6
Rock Solid

MACHEK
Old
Thanks Meter 46
You should contact SanDisk. They should replace it. It apparently had happened with SanDisk cards before just read some of the reviews on Amazon. It might have been a bad card, or maybe this phone has a tendency to kill SanDisk cards, which I hope isn't the case but someone else said the same thing happened to them, having the card for a while and then it being in this phone for only one month, and poof, stopped working.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app