HTC One XL (AT&T) questions

Tip us?

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoUY View Post
Unfortunately, I have no more computers to try out, not today at least...
Yeah, that one is a bit of a stretch, as most folks don't have access to another computer that they can (or would want to) install drives on and spend the time noodling around with your phone. But it wouldn't be the first time that someone on here tried just about everything else, and a different computer was the solution. In particular, Windows 8 seems to cause all sorts of problems connecting with the phone.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted

FedericoUY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok but, just remember that, I have used my pc to do all timmaaa helped, and done it with that pc and the same cable. Just after flashing to KickDroid, adb stopped working. I really doubt it is a PC related issue.
By the way, I use Windows 7 ultimate.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericoUY View Post
Ok but, just remember that, I have used my pc to do all timmaaa helped, and done it with that pc and the same cable. Just after flashing to KickDroid, adb stopped working. I really doubt it is a PC related issue.
By the way, I use Windows 7 ultimate.
Than it may just be the ROM is interfering with adb as timmaaa suggested earlier. I saw this when I went from ICS to JB (Sense 4+) ROMs, so its not out of the question that something is messing with adb on Sense 5 ROMs now.

Trying a different cable or USB port are just "easy" things to eliminate, and it does not really take any time to do so. Trying a different computer is a bit less so, especially if you don't have easy access and don't think its the cause. In that case, its probably not worth the hassle.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted

FedericoUY
Old
(Last edited by FedericoUY; 20th December 2013 at 04:23 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok I could connect.. After taping usb connected on the upside.. I enabled "usb network setting" and HTC Sync manager - always accept requests to connect (enables usb debugging) option.

mpulford311
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Not trying to hijack Fedrico thread. But have been having problems with my Evita a well.
Bought the phone from eBay, flashed and rooted HTC phones before, long story short been having a problem unlocking the boot loader. Trying to do the htcdev thing giving error160.
In fast boot mode it says.
Tampered
Locked.
So if I do the super cid method it should unlock correct?? So if I'm in fastboot USB mode it should work??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

timmaaa
Old
(Last edited by timmaaa; 20th December 2013 at 11:47 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4595

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpulford311 View Post
Not trying to hijack Fedrico thread. But have been having problems with my Evita a well.
Bought the phone from eBay, flashed and rooted HTC phones before, long story short been having a problem unlocking the boot loader. Trying to do the htcdev thing giving error160.
In fast boot mode it says.
Tampered
Locked.
So if I do the super cid method it should unlock correct?? So if I'm in fastboot USB mode it should work??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
You kinda are hijacking the thread, it'll only cause confusion here. Please create a new thread in our q&a section here. I'll be happy to help you there.

Sent from my Evita.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Actually, now that you've posted in my q&a thread I'll help you there. Don't create a new thread or post anywhere else.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FedericoUY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I installed the CleanROM to try it out, but I'm missing the notification bar from the KickDroid ROM. Any app or way to customize it?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4595

DONATE TO ME
Not really. Cleanrom is very stripped back and close to stock so basically no customisation. Although there is an Xposed module called Sense 5 Toolbox which allows some status bar mods.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita

FedericoUY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Where can I get that toolbox? It is not on play store...

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4595

DONATE TO ME
There's a thread for it on XDA, a Google search should reveal it easily. You'll need to install the Xposed Framework first for it to work.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita