5,604,219 Members 49,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hi guys! I have a question on stock roms..

Tip us?

iKlutz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Default Hi guys! I have a question on stock roms..

I've been away from the S3 mini section on Xda for a while now, so I'm fairly unaware on the latest roms available and what they're like.
I've decided to give the S3 mini to my dad as his entry into the Android world..

Can you lovely experienced users advise me on the latest roms available? The last I knew, Benz rom and dmod were the best and most stable versions and had the best features.
My dads not as experienced as I am so once I give him the phone I'd like for the phone to be very stable and have good battery life versus performance.

Suggestions please?

I hear Tyson made a rom. Hey fella

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

JackoMJ
Old
Thanks Meter 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlutz View Post
I've been away from the S3 mini section on Xda for a while now, so I'm fairly unaware on the latest roms available and what they're like.
I've decided to give the S3 mini to my dad as his entry into the Android world..

Can you lovely experienced users advise me on the latest roms available? The last I knew, Benz rom and dmod were the best and most stable versions and had the best features.
My dads not as experienced as I am so once I give him the phone I'd like for the phone to be very stable and have good battery life versus performance.

Suggestions please?

I hear Tyson made a rom. Hey fella

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

There are a lot of ROMīs dude...
Some like CM, others SlimBean, ....
I prefer debloated and deodexed ROM with init.d support just like somin.n ROM or Virginity
Try it by yourself.

agusaon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you want to keep for phone stable to give it to your dad, then stick with stock or something like benzrom or dmod.

My personal suggestion is that you go for Maclaw's CM 10.2, which has the best battery life, an improved kernel and, well, it is android 4.3

If you wanted to try the latest features, but not final version yet, you could try Maclaw's CM 11. It's a great rom, that works flawless in our devices. Nevertheless, it stills has some small bugs that will be solved in future releases.

The link to maclaw is maclaw.p , give it a try!

PS: remember to flash gapps!