5,598,820 Members 33,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drain all of a sudden. It's killing me!

Tip us?

Euforeik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Battery drain all of a sudden. It's killing me!

Recently my phone has been dying really fast. I checked battery stats and Android system is what's killing it. I've tried everything to make it stop and nothing works. Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea on how to stop this? PLEASE HELP.
Galaxy Note 3 | Rooted
Nexus One | Rooted
Droid 3 | Rooted
HTC One X | Rooted
Nexus 7 | Rooted
iPhone 5 | Jailbroken

MACHEK
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Boot into recovery then do clear cache partition. Should clear out whatever is causing this issue unless that app is still in there

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

EnterTheWu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default ecritl ice

Clearing cache could and probably will get rid of it. But I bought an app called Better Battery Stats, (id link it but im new) which tells you exactly what is waking up your phone while its off. Chances are you have a rouge app, that is just destroying your battery, as opposed to a system-wide problem. That app will tell you what it is.

Deekayy
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Ignore the battery charging cycle. I'm just showing you what I have to go through also and somewhat fixed the problem.

I have and still have %50 android os usage. Before I did this mod, the android os was the highest usage and showed awake time as well. It was killing my battery from a full charge it drained down to zero in 12 hours with 1hr screen time and the phone never being in a deep sleep. It was aggravating because I wiped my phone so many times, tried different roms, took sim card out, no wifi, wiped cache, and wiped phone with nothing installed. Still the high android still persist and no deep sleep. I'm thinking it has to be Verizon doing something or Google that is waking up the phone.

Some how I fixed it or maybe the OTA fixed it. I odin mj7 and updated to the newest version and flashed beans. From the screen shot it shows my android os still high... but with no awake time. So my phone is actually in deep sleep mode now. It's weird but I semi - fixed it. I'm still clueless on why it's so high when previously screen time usually trumps as the number one usage spot. I still have no answer to this reason but I hope it helps a bit to fix this issue.

Attachment 2467520Click image for larger version

Name:	1387668864859.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2467521

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kancerstick
Old
(Last edited by Kancerstick; 22nd December 2013 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
HEY same exact thing here. Android OS usage going nuts here. I personally think its related to certain wifi / router setups.

When im on 3g/4g all day, it doesnt happen. On the days that I am stuck at home on wifi, the android OS usage starts again.

Ive already Odin'd back to MI7, took ota to MJE, rerooted, installed beans b5 and its still happening.

I think its a bug with samsung / verizon wifi. Many times I will wake up my screen and see my GPS / Wifi being used for no apparent reason even with all location services turned off. I also notice my wifi indicators being on when i turn my screen on. Then after i turn my screen on and sit at my home screen for a few seconds. It all magically stops.

Mind you, this is with no apps installed other than what is in beans stock and nova launcher.

You guys should monitor while off wifi and see what happens. It was the first thing that struck me when i was on a road trip for 12 hours. My battery life was exceptional. If it is the wifi causing problems, i wonder what it is specifically.

siciliano777
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Simply clearing the cache fixes this for me every time. I usually do it once every few weeks.

Settings..storage..tap on cached data and hit clear.