[Q] Newbie boot loop problem?

Tip us?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntychwith View Post
what can you do to fix the power button? tried drying the phone although it hasnt got wet.
off to warranty...

hardware problems are very hard to fix; and i'm not saying it's the power button for sure, it's just highly likely it is, if it's rebooting bootloader.

johntychwith
Old
Thanks Meter 0
asi have no orange insurance what would you do next?

Ajxx16
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntychwith View Post
asi have no orange insurance what would you do next?
How long have you had the phone, defects like that should be automatically covered regardless.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

lostpigeon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajxx16 View Post
How long have you had the phone, defects like that should be automatically covered regardless.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The problem with my phone is that I found it. Turned it in and no one claimed it for a substantial amount of time so I gained ownership of it. I don't have the warranty or anything that came with the phone except for the phone itself and the charger. If I took it to a phone repair shop would they possibly be able to fix it? Or am I screwed...

lostpigeon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay so I let my phone run out of battery over night and just plugged it in to charge then and it's seemed to have gotten out of the bootloop and it working normally now, so would this still possibly be a hardware issue? And is there anything I can do to prevent it from bootlooping again?

johntychwith
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i phoned up orange and they said to ring htc as ive only had the phone for 5 months . will ring them 2moro. pain in the ass.

Ajxx16
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpigeon View Post
Okay so I let my phone run out of battery over night and just plugged it in to charge then and it's seemed to have gotten out of the bootloop and it working normally now, so would this still possibly be a hardware issue? And is there anything I can do to prevent it from bootlooping again?
Im not sure this is hardware related, there are a few things you can try though to prevent this from happening again. first off, if you ever do encounter another bootloop... pressing and holding in the power button for around 20 seconds or so forces a reboot, the capacitive button on the bottom will start to blink. Second would be to boot into thee bootloader by powering down the phone, holding the volume down button and powering back on while holding voldown. this will bring you to a menu described above eariler, then do a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app