5,606,722 Members 37,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ONE Max stuck on "HTC ONE" screen...

Tip us?

TugboatTony
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ONE Max stuck on "HTC ONE" screen...

I was doing a backup with TWRP and everything seemed to go just fine. Then after a reboot i unlocked the phone to notice that it was leaving the lock-screen icons on the bottom of the page. I still had access to my notification bar and could clear notifications. Figuring that there had just been a mistake in the boot process, I held the power button to restart the phone. Well it never brought up my power menu to restart. Also instead of making me wait ten seconds until it flashed its lights and restarted, it just restarted in like 3 seconds. Now my phone is stuck on the HTC ONE screen and will not respond to anything including hold the power button.

My phone is rooted an s-off. I know that I have not posted at all on here, but I have been rooting and know how at least the basics on adb shell. I just have never had a phone lock up to this point. If I can at least get to recovery, I should have 2 or 3 backups to run. I just don't want to have to wait for the phone battery to die just to hope I can get to recovery.

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TugboatTony View Post
I was doing a backup with TWRP and everything seemed to go just fine. Then after a reboot i unlocked the phone to notice that it was leaving the lock-screen icons on the bottom of the page. I still had access to my notification bar and could clear notifications. Figuring that there had just been a mistake in the boot process, I held the power button to restart the phone. Well it never brought up my power menu to restart. Also instead of making me wait ten seconds until it flashed its lights and restarted, it just restarted in like 3 seconds. Now my phone is stuck on the HTC ONE screen and will not respond to anything including hold the power button.

My phone is rooted an s-off. I know that I have not posted at all on here, but I have been rooting and know how at least the basics on adb shell. I just have never had a phone lock up to this point. If I can at least get to recovery, I should have 2 or 3 backups to run. I just don't want to have to wait for the phone battery to die just to hope I can get to recovery.
Are you saying volume up + power button does not restart your phone nor does any help? Check if your phone is detected in computer and if so you can issue and adb reboot command
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750

bambam126
Old
Thanks Meter 45
also since there is no removable battery HTC added a reboot function press home vol down and power that should do the trick

TugboatTony
Old
(Last edited by TugboatTony; 24th December 2013 at 06:29 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The phone is not detected by a computer, nor will it charge. Vol down and power is not cutting it off. Right now I am waiting for the battery to die so I can hopefully boot into recovery and do a restore.

Vol up + Power was the key. I was thinking it was volume down. Thanks for all your help

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TugboatTony View Post
The phone is not detected by a computer, nor will it charge. Vol down and power is not cutting it off. Right now I am waiting for the battery to die so I can hopefully boot into recovery and do a restore.
Its volume up mate + power not volume down
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750

mini88448
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz View Post
Its volume up mate + power not volume down
Hi Do you have a HTC one max stock Rom I could use??
Thanks

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini88448 View Post
Hi Do you have a HTC one max stock Rom I could use??
Thanks
There have been lots of request for this, ill upload a stock rooted ROM soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to pradeepvizz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mini88448
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz View Post
There have been lots of request for this, ill upload a stock rooted ROM soon.
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!