XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need help unrooting

Tip us?

Z33type
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default I need help unrooting

Just got my warranty exchange from T-Mobile and now I need to return this phone within 7 days. I bought this phone rooted from Craigslist with stock rom.

I tried every method from http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/01/unr...ersions-video/ but the flash tool kit ask me for some log in information also tried this http://lionking853.blogspot.com/2013...lg-g2-all.html same info.

I tried this as my final solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370 but the time lapse gets stuck on 0:12 or 0:13 doesn't even download the stock firmware at all.

ANY OTHER WAY TO UNROOT THIS PHONE HAS ANYONE MADE A TOOL KIT YET?

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33type View Post
Just got my warranty exchange from T-Mobile and now I need to return this phone within 7 days. I bought this phone rooted from Craigslist with stock rom.

I tried every method from http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/01/unr...ersions-video/ but the flash tool kit ask me for some log in information also tried this http://lionking853.blogspot.com/2013...lg-g2-all.html same info.

I tried this as my final solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370 but the time lapse gets stuck on 0:12 or 0:13 doesn't even download the stock firmware at all.

ANY OTHER WAY TO UNROOT THIS PHONE HAS ANYONE MADE A TOOL KIT YET?
The easiest way is to use Supersu from play store(free) and from that you can unroot....if you have Superuser app just uninstall and install Supersu...and click unroot!.....
The Following User Says Thank You to RubbleTea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Z33type
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
The easiest way is to use Supersu from play store(free) and from that you can unroot....if you have Superuser app just uninstall and install Supersu...and click unroot!.....
Will try it when I get home thanks a lot!

Xenovias
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
But...
If you check on LG RCT or Download mode status still root

The best way to unroot phone is flash stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Xenovias For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenovias View Post
But...
If you check on LG RCT or Download mode status still root

The best way to unroot phone is flash stock rom
Yes this is true especially if LG is gonna replace your phone through warranty but if your returning to T-Mobile within 30 days shouldn't really worry bout it but up to you!

fma965
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1323

DONATE TO ME
Yeah flashing stock rom removes the flag, but if your in the EU which i know you not... its doesn't void the warranty when rooting any way, or so i have read.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY MAKE SURE YOU TYPE "@Fma965" OR "QUOTE" MY POST

LG G2 SPECIFIC STUFF
Stock Firmware Mirror --- ROM Patcher

XPERIA PLAY SPECIFIC STUFF
My Website --- My Twitter --- My Threads

jonatutu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fma965 View Post
Yeah flashing stock rom removes the flag, but if your in the EU which i know you not... its doesn't void the warranty when rooting any way, or so i have read.
Sorry I am very new to LG brand, I have try to google for LG root checker very little information is available unlike Samsung 0x1 triangle away and knox warranty void. So if I root my LG G2 and I have to trip rootchecker to use root explorer and root required apps? And if I flash the stock firmware back the root checker will be reseted?? Lastly how can I check if my LG G2 is rooted from setting menu?? Download mode?

fma965
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatutu View Post
Sorry I am very new to LG brand, I have try to google for LG root checker very little information is available unlike Samsung 0x1 triangle away and knox warranty void. So if I root my LG G2 and I have to trip rootchecker to use root explorer and root required apps? And if I flash the stock firmware back the root checker will be reseted?? Lastly how can I check if my LG G2 is rooted from setting menu?? Download mode?
i think it says its rooted when you boot it or defintely in download/fastboot mode. also im new to LG aswell. i have had only sony ericsson and samsung before so we shall learn together

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY MAKE SURE YOU TYPE "@Fma965" OR "QUOTE" MY POST

LG G2 SPECIFIC STUFF
Stock Firmware Mirror --- ROM Patcher

XPERIA PLAY SPECIFIC STUFF
My Website --- My Twitter --- My Threads

jonatutu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok sorry to reconfirm, after flashing stock rom from rooted phone there wont be a sign of root??

Demonlinx
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatutu View Post
Ok sorry to reconfirm, after flashing stock rom from rooted phone there wont be a sign of root??
This is correct

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please hit the Thank button if I helped you out.

Devices:
- Sprint LG G2
- Sprint Motorola Photon
- At&t Htc Aria