XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable boot up sound?

Tip us?

Disler-xda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Disable boot up sound?

I have the SP600 and trying to find out if there is a way to disable the boot up sound on a stock rom? I looked through the settings but didn't see anything. I saw in development forum a custom rom recently developed for the 600 you can disable it there. Is that the only way, root and flash the custom rom? My wife doesn't want to root hers as she is afraid of giving up the warranty. I get my 600 Wednesday and will be rooting and flashing it.

Srikar_NBK
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disler-xda View Post
I have the SP600 and trying to find out if there is a way to disable the boot up sound on a stock rom? I looked through the settings but didn't see anything. I saw in development forum a custom rom recently developed for the 600 you can disable it there. Is that the only way, root and flash the custom rom? My wife doesn't want to root hers as she is afraid of giving up the warranty. I get my 600 Wednesday and will be rooting and flashing it.
The boot sound is part of your boot animation and as far as I know, you cannot modify or change it without root.
Leave me a 'Thanks' if my post helped you.

Disler-xda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikar_NBK View Post
The boot sound is part of your boot animation and as far as I know, you cannot modify or change it without root.
Thanks..that was what I thought. Will have to get her to let me root it so I can turn it off for her...

flyinace2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I apologize if this isn't what you're look for, but... From what I Can tell it looks like selecting Mute after holding the power button for a few seconds will disable the boot sound. For fun I've attached an image of what I mean....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-21-12-26-42.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	2467321  

flyinace2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinace2 View Post
I apologize if this isn't what you're look for, but... From what I Can tell it looks like selecting Mute after holding the power button for a few seconds will disable the boot sound. For fun I've attached an image of what I mean....
Wait...is the sp600 not the tablet this forum is focused on? I thought that was the model# for the 10.1 2014....

Disler-xda
Old
(Last edited by Disler-xda; 21st December 2013 at 09:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Thanks..I think that will work...not sure what else it will mutes yet. Is it the tablet itself it mutes or just the start up sound?

I just tested it and it mutes everything...would have to mute when shutting it down, then unmute when it starts back up...not the best way but at least she can not have it make noise when starting. I will work on her to let me root it for her..that way she won't have to remember to mute then un mute...but Thanks...

Disler-xda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Wait...is the sp600 not the tablet this forum is focused on? I thought that was the model# for the 10.1 2014....
If I understand your question, yes I am asking about the SP600, which is the 10.1 2014 wifi version.

flyinace2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disler-xda View Post
If I understand your question, yes I am asking about the SP600, which is the 10.1 2014 wifi version.
Sorry....That's my bad. I did a Google search for sp600 and it found a projector instead of the tablet.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Sorry....That's my bad. I did a Google search for sp600 and it found a projector instead of the tablet.
Just another thought. It might be possible to set something up with the app "Tasker" that mutes all sound before a restart.

Disler-xda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Just another thought. It might be possible to set something up with the app "Tasker" that mutes all sound before a restart.
I will look into that...she started the tablet up this morning and complained about the start up sound...so it will be one way or the other the sound will be gone...lol