XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock from T-mobile to Verizon

Tip us?

vnvet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unlock from T-mobile to Verizon

I was in my T-Mobile kiosk talking to one of the employes there (kool guy) that has the same phone and asked if he knew about unlocking the Samsung Note II in order to make it operate w/ Verizon. I asked, would there be any issues if I unlocked mine and sold it to a friend who wants it to be on Verizon.

He said, it will have spotty coverage and not work 100% as a 4GLTE phone on their network because the T-mobile (radio) phone was built specifically for T-mobile. Do you know if their is any truth to that or, should I take this question somewhere else ?

Thanks

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2700

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnvet View Post
I was in my T-Mobile kiosk talking to one of the employes there (kool guy) that has the same phone and asked if he knew about unlocking the Samsung Note II in order to make it operate w/ Verizon. I asked, would there be any issues if I unlocked mine and sold it to a friend who wants it to be on Verizon.

He said, it will have spotty coverage and not work 100% as a 4GLTE phone on their network because the T-mobile (radio) phone was built specifically for T-mobile. Do you know if their is any truth to that or, should I take this question somewhere else ?

Thanks
It won't work at all. Verizon phones ate cdma and don't get their subscriber info from the sim like a gsm phone does

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:

Thanks
Your friend will have bought a cool 5.5in wifi tablet. He wasn't lying though. Spotty coverage (none), not 100% on lte (nor even 1%). I'd buy it though. If the price was right...

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

vnvet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76 View Post
Your friend will have bought a cool 5.5in wifi tablet. He wasn't lying though. Spotty coverage (none), not 100% on lte (nor even 1%). I'd buy it though. If the price was right...

I switched from Verizon to TM June,16th so it's relatively new. What in your mind is the right price ?

Thanks!

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:
I switched from Verizon to TM June,16th so it's relatively new. What in your mind is the right price ?

Thanks!
I'd ask for $200 and hope to get $170 if I was married to selling to a guy who was only going to be able to use it as a tablet. On Tmo or AT&T I'd ask for $350 or so. I don't sell on though and don't dabble in the used market (too many people get screwed). YMMV.

vnvet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'd ask for $200 and hope to get $170 if I was married to selling to a guy who was only going to be able to use it as a tablet. On Tmo or AT&T I'd ask for $350 or so. I don't sell on though and don't dabble in the used market (too many people get screwed). YMMV.

Paid 650.00 Not going give it away, I'll keep it.

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:
Paid 650.00 Not going give it away, I'll keep it.
Good choice.

I wasn't making an offer. Just answering your question as to what I I thought the N2's year old design was worth used in the face of the great stuff out there now.

Besides, I doubt many people will care how much it cost you X months ago. They will care about it's condition and value it represents to them as a buyer.

YMMV.

vnvet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I never offered to sell it. YOU said you'd by it for the right price that's the only reason the question of price even got brought up.

Nuff said.

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:
I never offered to sell it. YOU said you'd by it for the right price that's the only reason the question of price even got brought up.

Nuff said.
It seems we misunderstood each other then. Such is life on the Internet.

vnvet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It seems we misunderstood each other then. [B]Such is life on the Internet[/B].

Very true and, mainly do to people not understanding what: 'RTFQ' means and "Hastily spouting for your befuddlement"..