XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT 4.3 OTA update fails

Tip us?

pacers20132014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ATT 4.3 OTA update fails

My ota update keeps failing at 26%. I rooted a couple months back and flashed some roms just out of curiosity and decided I didn't really need my phone to be rooted. I then flashed stock recovery back and reset my binary count. When I go into odin mode nothing shows that something is modified and OTA still does not work. Sorry im a noob but what should I do?

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2878
DONT UPDATE !!

If you do...and root is detected...your KNOX flag will trip in the new bootloader...and you will never be able to return to a stock 4.1.2 device.
Also, the flag 0x1 means your warranty is toast.
No bootloader downgrades are possible...

Currently we have no fix for the bootloader or the flag...so if you want the freedom to flash anything....stay on the original bootloader by NOT taking the update...

Just my .02.....g
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbrennan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
DONT UPDATE !!

If you do...and root is detected...your KNOX flag will trip in the new bootloader...and you will never be able to return to a stock 4.1.2 device.

Currently we have no fix for the bootloader or the flag...so if you want the freedom to flash anything....stay on the original bootloader by NOT taking the update...

Just my .02.....g

Listen to this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ best advice of the day

michaelatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
DONT UPDATE !!

Just my .02.....g
+1 all day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app