5,596,431 Members 40,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on boot after flashing

Tip us?
 
newgodslaves
Old
(Last edited by newgodslaves; 21st December 2013 at 09:23 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Unhappy [Q] Stuck on boot after flashing

Hey there please help,
So I installed this ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539361

I did a full wipe and then flashed the zip; I didn't really get an installation ui (don't know if that is with this rom) but after booting it got stuck at the samsung logo, left it there for like 30 min still nothing...

I also tried the non-t-mobile version... same result

Right now I went back to stock with odin with this file:

I9505XXUBMGA_I9505PHNBMG5_I9505XXUBMGA_HOME.tar.md 5

Please help, I don't understand why it won't work...

Thnx


EDIT maybe this can help:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3S...it?usp=sharing
 
baseballfanz
Old
#2  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1708
Posts: 6,684
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sugar Land TX
First what is your S4 version? Is it the T-Mobile M919?
I9505?
Did you md5 check the file you download?

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
**************
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
newgodslaves
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
First what is your S4 version? Is it the T-Mobile M919?
I9505?
Did you md5 check the file you download?

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
Hi thanks for responding so fast.
When I bought the phone there was some T-mobile stuff on there so I assumed that it was an unlocked T-mobile phone.
But the model number says GT-I9505 (don't know if thats because of the file I flashed with odin)
and how can I check that?
Thnx
 
baseballfanz
Old
#4  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1708
Posts: 6,684
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sugar Land TX
Yeah it's showing those info because you have flashed the i9505 ROM. Does the battery cover say T-Mobile on it?
At this point it really doesn't matter, just make sure whatever ROM you download is good by checking md5 and follow directions in the Rom's thread.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
**************
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
newgodslaves
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Yeah it's showing those info because you have flashed the i9505 ROM. Does the battery cover say T-Mobile on it?
At this point it really doesn't matter, just make sure whatever ROM you download is good by checking md5 and follow directions in the Rom's thread.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
No it doesn't have the T-mobile on the back cover.
So you're saying that I actually can use either one? The intnl version and the t-mobile version?
I don't know why but both failed on me...
I use TWRP recovery, placed the zip on my ext sd card, went into recovery, did a wipe, went to install from ext sdcard, choose the zipfile...
Is there someting im missing here?
Thnx
 
Android_Monsters
Old
#6  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 747
Posts: 2,732
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
You could try cwm.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
aamir123
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 846
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgodslaves View Post
No it doesn't have the T-mobile on the back cover.
So you're saying that I actually can use either one? The intnl version and the t-mobile version?
I don't know why but both failed on me...
I use TWRP recovery, placed the zip on my ext sd card, went into recovery, did a wipe, went to install from ext sdcard, choose the zipfile...
Is there someting im missing here?
Thnx
how many times did you flash? did you try factory reset after flashing? did you fix permissions? after letting it sit there for 30 mins did you give up or did you try rebooting again and wait 10 mins? Sometimes just rebooting and waiting a second time will be enough. When that happens I usually wipe system and factory reset and reflash just in case.
 
Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 22nd December 2013 at 06:40 PM.)
#8  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1866
Posts: 3,927
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: boot failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgodslaves View Post
Hey there please help,
So I installed this ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539361

I did a full wipe and then flashed the zip; I didn't really get an installation ui (don't know if that is with this rom) but after booting it got stuck at the samsung logo, left it there for like 30 min still nothing...

I also tried the non-t-mobile version... same result

Right now I went back to stock with odin with this file:

I9505XXUBMGA_I9505PHNBMG5_I9505XXUBMGA_HOME.tar.md 5

Please help, I don't understand why it won't work...

Thnx


EDIT maybe this can help:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3S...it?usp=sharing

Next time flash a real rom.

Any roms you find here in XDA which are not based on the Samsung Galaxy
S4 Jellybean 4.2.2 or 4.3 Touchwiz firmware are experimental. (some more than others)

Once you get the Danvdh - Google Edition AOSP rom to boot properly you
will find yourself right back here in the Q&A thread with a lot of other issues.

If you want that rom to fully boot, try this:
(hopefully you have a nandroid backup of a working rom)

Go into recovery and and do a "factory reset" and don't select "Reboot"
instead unplug the usb cable and manually power down the phone using
a long press of the power button.

Once it's powered down power it back up and it should now fully boot.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...