XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]new ota error 410

Tip us?

bregga
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q]new ota error 410

I put back stock recovery and locked when i try to update it starts then reboots the phone once i did get a congrats message but checked still on 4.2.2 when i check status it says failed error 410 and ive been searching but not finding any info on error anyone know?

eXperianceHD
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bregga View Post
I put back stock recovery and locked when i try to update it starts then reboots the phone once i did get a congrats message but checked still on 4.2.2 when i check status it says failed error 410 and ive been searching but not finding any info on error anyone know?
Ive also gotten this problem. Ive looked into it and it occurs when you delete a system app. I believe the update wont be applied unless all stock apps are installed
The Following User Says Thank You to eXperianceHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bregga
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default weird

I have not deleted any running stock just s off and unlocked Ill have to look for a stock rom then thank you I will give it a shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperianceHD View Post
Ive also gotten this problem. Ive looked into it and it occurs when you delete a system app. I believe the update wont be applied unless all stock apps are installed

bregga
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up you were rigtht

I nandroided back to my original backup and it is doing the updates thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bregga View Post
I have not deleted any running stock just s off and unlocked Ill have to look for a stock rom then thank you I will give it a shot

neutrino37
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have S-OFF and 1.10.605.15, and had deleted a bunch of the Verizon bloatware. After reverting to stock recovery, I tried to apply the OTA; it got stuck with a red triangle. I pressed volume-up + power, which showed me a bootloader menu and an error message that it couldn't find Kidzone (one of the apps that I had removed). I selected reboot in the bootloader to reboot the phone and, obviously, it was still in 4.2.2 and the software status had error 410.
I don't have any backups with the bloatware apps on them, can you think of any way to apply the OTA without wiping my phone? I'm a little annoyed that Verizon made the OTA check for those apps to be installed on the phone; I find it hard to believe this is necessary...

santod040
Old
(Last edited by santod040; 22nd December 2013 at 07:05 PM.)
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino37 View Post
I have S-OFF and 1.10.605.15, and had deleted a bunch of the Verizon bloatware. After reverting to stock recovery, I tried to apply the OTA; it got stuck with a red triangle. I pressed volume-up + power, which showed me a bootloader menu and an error message that it couldn't find Kidzone (one of the apps that I had removed). I selected reboot in the bootloader to reboot the phone and, obviously, it was still in 4.2.2 and the software status had error 410.
I don't have any backups with the bloatware apps on them, can you think of any way to apply the OTA without wiping my phone? I'm a little annoyed that Verizon made the OTA check for those apps to be installed on the phone; I find it hard to believe this is necessary...
You have to have all apps present or else it fails to patch them.
It can't guarantee a full clean install if some files patch and some don't.
(This is why we root, so we can flash already rooted roms and remove things as we want. Not so we can take OTA's)

Install the stock rooted rom and firmware in the dev section.
OR install the previous stock rooted rom in the same thread in the dev section and stock recovery and then ota update.
You will wipe your phone by flashing stock recovery though.
If you just flash the firmware and then the stock rooted rom, you won't have to wipe.
Just be sure to do an odex version, since yours is still stock odex.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One | HTC One (2014)

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]