5,599,478 Members 38,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I remove CWM 3.2.01& replace w/ 6.0.1.2?

Tip us?

brentarmour
Old
(Last edited by brentarmour; 22nd December 2013 at 09:50 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How do I remove CWM 3.2.01& replace w/ 6.0.1.2?

About a year ago I installed Cyagenomod using colockwork mod 3.2.01 (not sure the version of cyagenomod, but the android guy on the loading screen was on a skateboard if that helps) onto my nook color. It worked for a while, but then would get caught up in the load screen. I already had another tablet, so I just set it aside. Now my nephew is learning to read, and I'd like to get the tablet running again and deck it out with apps that can help us help him. The problem is, no matter what I do or which tutorial I use, when it comes time to remove the SD card and reboot to Cyagenomod 10, the device loads to the CWM recovery screen for version 3.2.01. I have tried following the tutorials and using different versions of CWM, but the old version seems to be stuck on there and blocking anything else from loading on startup. Most recently I tried 6.1.0.2. Here are the steps that I took:

Wrote CWM image file to sd card
Added CM 10 zip file
Added GAPPs zip
Added CWM zip file
Inserted sd card and turned on device

Loaded to CWM 6 from the sd
Flashed CM, then GAPPS, then CWM zips in this order per tutorial instructions
Did factory reset per instructions- which seemed a little weird, but I haven't tried skipping this step as all tutorials advise it.
Removed sd card and replaced with blank card
Rebooted

As with everything else I've tried, it booted right back to the old version of cwm. I've tried restoring the original software, and even tried TWRP, How do I remove the old version so that the new version can work it's magic?

Thanks! And go easy on me, I just follow instructions well. I'm only marginally knowledgeable when it comes to what I'm actually doing.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3397

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentarmour View Post
About a year ago I installed Cyagenomod using colockwork mod 3.2.01 (not sure the version of cyagenomod, but the android guy on the loading screen was on a skateboard if that helps) onto my nook color. It worked for a while, but then would get caught up in the load screen. I already had another tablet, so I just set it aside. Now my nephew is learning to read, and I'd like to get the tablet running again and deck it out with apps that can help us help him. The problem is, no matter what I do or which tutorial I use, when it comes time to remove the SD card and reboot to Cyagenomod 10, the device loads to the CWM recovery screen for version 3.2.01. I have tried following the tutorials and using different versions of CWM, but the old version seems to be stuck on there and blocking anything else from loading on startup. Most recently I tried 6.1.0.2. Here are the steps that I took:

Wrote CWM image file to sd card
Added CM 10 zip file
Added GAPPs zip
Added CWM zip file
Inserted sd card and turned on device

Loaded to CWM 6 from the sd
Flashed CM, then GAPPS, then CWM zips in this order per tutorial instructions
Did factory reset per instructions- which seemed a little weird, but I haven't tried skipping this step as all tutorials advise it.
Removed sd card and replaced with blank card
Rebooted

As with everything else I've tried, it booted right back to the old version of cwm. I've tried restoring the original software, and even tried TWRP, How do I remove the old version so that the new version can work it's magic?

Thanks! And go easy on me, I just follow instructions well. I'm only marginally knowledgeable when it comes to what I'm actually doing.
It sounds like you are in a recovery bootloop. Go to my NC Tips thread linked in my signature and read about it. I also have a newer version of CWM made for internal memory that you can flash to replace the 3.2.0.1 version on internal.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here