5,597,198 Members 41,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ? CyanogenMod 11.0 or DModV6 ?

Tip us?

koragg97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] ? CyanogenMod 11.0 or DModV6 ?

hey guys,

so i'm currently on DModV6 and am wondering if there are benefits of switching to CyanogenMod 11.0 ?
Although DModV6 greatly improved gaming lag on my device, it still exists So my question is does CyanogenMod 11.0 completely remove gaming (and other) lags on my galaxy s3 mini ? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with these two custom roms Cheers

tom1491
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hi @koragg97. I suggest you to try CM 11.0. You'll gain a lot of benefits if you're into games. Last week I missed the in-out indicator of data connenection on Samsung stock ROM, so I searched the forum and found DModV6 which is a ROM based on stock. I decided to flash it. After I used it for an hour, tried many HD games and apps, it gave me lags in games and entering to apps is a little slow than CM 11.0 so I had to go back to CM 11.0. Anyway CM 11.0 is not stable yet, you might face some problem like black screen in some camera apps, wierd sound in Twitter when pulling down to refresh and the light on touch key won't go off when it's got notifications while the screen is off. However it gives a very good experience for playing games rather than DModV6 because I don't get any lags while playing games. Try it yourself to know more

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

koragg97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1491 View Post
Hi @koragg97. I suggest you to try CM 11.0. You'll gain a lot of benefits if you're into games. Last week I missed the in-out indicator of data connenection on Samsung stock ROM, so I searched the forum and found DModV6 which is a ROM based on stock. I decided to flash it. After I used it for an hour, tried many HD games and apps, it gave me lags in games and entering to apps is a little slow than CM 11.0 so I had to go back to CM 11.0. Anyway CM 11.0 is not stable yet, you might face some problem like black screen in some camera apps, wierd sound in Twitter when pulling down to refresh and the light on touch key won't go off when it's got notifications while the screen is off. However it gives a very good experience for playing games rather than DModV6 because I don't get any lags while playing games. Try it yourself to know more

thanks for your fast reply. Chargin' up ma phone and gettin' ready to flash

koragg97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
oh forgot to ask one very important thing for me. Will installing my default FM Radio app on CyanogenMod 11.0 work. I really like to listen to radio while not at home (and yes original radio, not on 3g)

dei.andrei98
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Don't think so.. I think the kernel doesn't have radio option and for disabling the softkeys on notifications there is an app called BLN Control

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 4
[About me]
[x] Android Developer : Starter -> Medium ( as now I know more about Android and it's Source )
[x] Known scripting languages : PHP , HTML/CSS , VisualBasic , C++ ( A little but enough )
[x] Future Plans : Making Roms / Porting Roms , Developing Apps , Modding Android

[Phones]
[*] - Samsung Galaxy S III Mini I8910 ( Working )
[*] - Nokia C3-00 ( Sold )
[*] - Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D ( Bricked )

The Following User Says Thank You to dei.andrei98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eswarvf
Old
Thanks Meter 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1491 View Post

First enjoy the s4 touchwiz experience with Dmod and sooner u will get bored like me because of samsungs heay bloatware and u will eventually in cm11.0
Need some apps from other devices please view this guy's thread
The Following User Says Thank You to eswarvf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agusaon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
oh forgot to ask one very important thing for me. Will installing my default FM Radio app on CyanogenMod 11.0 work. I really like to listen to radio while not at home (and yes original radio, not on 3g)
Yes, it works. But you have to install an app called Spirit FM. Once you've installed it, to make it work you have to go to Settings/Audio/Method and there choose Galaxy S3/Note/S2_ICS. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to agusaon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tom1491
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
The ROM doesn't come with a built-in offline radio. Don't worry, you can install Spirit FM

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7285

DONATE TO ME
Thread closed as it's a ROM comparison thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe