5,594,700 Members 33,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Group messaging not working correctly.

Tip us?

yellowjeep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Group messaging not working correctly.

I have searched but not been able to find any similar to my issue. I have a GS3 my mom has a GS4 and my dad has a droid HD and my sisters have iphone 5s. If we try to group text each other my mom and dads text show up in their own threads. My sisters show up together in a group thread. If I reply to a group thread it goes to all people in the group and all the messages show up as MMS. I am stumped. This has been going on since I got my phone and moved it to AOSP based roms going back to like slim 2. I am currently on the latest stable release of slim. I have personally truned on group text on my parents phones just to make sure they actually have it on. I have also had this issue with the stock apk as well as when i tried to use hangouts new sms feature. Any ideas?

BattsNotIncld
Old
Thanks Meter 96
I'm assuming you have "Group messaging" checked in the settings of all the messaging apps you use? The one that says "Use MMS to send a single message when there are multiple recipients"
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: SlimKat

Previous Phone: Samsung Droid Charge (sold)

yellowjeep
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattsNotIncld View Post
I'm assuming you have "Group messaging" checked in the settings of all the messaging apps you use? The one that says "Use MMS to send a single message when there are multiple recipients"
Of course, I should have mentioned that.