5,598,657 Members 39,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T999L stuck in bootloop, TWRP fails to fully load.

Tip us?

MyanRagahis
Old
(Last edited by MyanRagahis; 22nd December 2013 at 07:57 AM.) Reason: Added some info and questions.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default T999L stuck in bootloop, TWRP fails to fully load.

Hi, all. Just like the title says. I'm stuck in a bootloop and not sure what to do.

TWRP 2.5
Went from Docs deodexed T999L ROM to SlimBean 2.2

then...

I was making a backup of SlimBean 2.2 on TWRP 2.5 I believe and that went fine. I then went to do a factory reset but it gave me some kind of error that data wasn't found or was found. It was all confusing to me. So I decided to upgrade to the latest TWRP 2.6.3.1 from Doc's signature (I think that was it). I rebooted into the new TWRP and when I went to do a factory reset, it rebooted constantly. So I went into recovery again, and I was able to clear, dalvik, cache, and system, but freezes and reboots when trying to clear data.

Stupid me, I then flashed TWRP 2.5 again, and now I can't get into the recovery settings. It was show the blue TeamWin logo, but then reboots, shows the Galaxy S3 T999L logo, then the SlimBean boot screen, then reboots, repeating this over and over again.

So basically I have no working custom recovery, no operating system, but I can get into download mode.

Not exactly sure where to go from here. I rooted using the recovery method about a month or so ago. Do you think I can just go through the root process and flash TWRP 2.6.3.1 from Odin?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
A little bit more, I was running Stock 4.1.2 before the rooting process and never did the official 4.3 update.

Also, in Doc's T999L info thread, could I essentially just revert back to stock using Odin? Or will my non-wiped data be a problem?

MyanRagahis
Old
(Last edited by MyanRagahis; 22nd December 2013 at 09:01 PM.) Reason: Added info.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Aha! Never mind, everyone. I looked more into it and reverted back to stock using Root66 in Doc's thread.
Anyway, hope this helps anyone in the future if you come across this.
Have a good holiday, yall!

Edit:
So good news bad news, I could finally boot into TWRP 6.2.3.1, but doing a factory reset I still got this: "error: opening data/lost+found"

So I ended up formatting the data. All is well now and that error doesn't show up anymore.
Hope this helps!