XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stream from Shoebox to PS3/TV without Chromecast

Tip us?

flomexico
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default Stream from Shoebox to PS3/TV without Chromecast

So here's what's what. I don't have cable at my house. Never needed it, got everything from streaming. Well, Comcast in their infinite wisdom and lack of innovation has now implemented a 300 GB cap, in addition to throttling. Between myself and a few roommates, ain't no way in Hell we're staying under that.

I used to use Netflix, but I've been turned on to Showbox. Now, I can't use a traditional DLNA solution because of the cap. So, using my phone tethering, I can get everything on the same network. Basically, how can I stream a stream?

TL;DR Comcast sucks. How can I stream a stream without Chromecast?
I totally just realized that the majority of my thanked posts are from where I posted my "3D seatbelt pic".

luigi311
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomexico View Post
So here's what's what. I don't have cable at my house. Never needed it, got everything from streaming. Well, Comcast in their infinite wisdom and lack of innovation has now implemented a 300 GB cap, in addition to throttling. Between myself and a few roommates, ain't no way in Hell we're staying under that.

I used to use Netflix, but I've been turned on to Showbox. Now, I can't use a traditional DLNA solution because of the cap. So, using my phone tethering, I can get everything on the same network. Basically, how can I stream a stream?

TL;DR Comcast sucks. How can I stream a stream without Chromecast?
U can try a miracast adapter but I'm not sure if our device can use it. There's always the old fashion way by plugging in ur phone. That's usually what most people do

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk