T999 to Metro

Tip us?

Maverick923
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default T999 to Metro

I have an S3 rooted with 4.3.

I have a Metro PCS sim which I am trying to use with this phone.
The phone seems able to read the sim OK.

Under status I can see my phone number.

Everything else is unknown. Network is unknown, Mobile network type is unknown, service state is out of service.

I get full signal too, but when I go to mobile networks, I receive a message "Insert SIM card to access network services"

So I can see my phone number, and I dont have a message telling me to insert sim when I start the phone.

I have checked with Tmobile and I know the phone is not black listed, but when I make a call I get not registered on the network.
I do see also my IMEI number and seems to be correct under about

I really dont know where else to look for answers. I would love some help with this.

Any ideas?

Maverick923
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Anyone?

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Do you have the 4.3 modem? And also did you add the device to your line? Otherwise it won't work no matter what you do

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Maverick923
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Do you have the 4.3 modem? And also did you add the device to your line? Otherwise it won't work no matter what you do

The Baseband version is T999UVUEMJC.

I tried to add this phone by contacting Metro, and they told me that they couldn't because the phone is locked. I contacted T-mobile, and the person sent a request to get it unlocked, and said that I should wait 72 hours to hear from someone. I waited more then 72 hours, and I called T-mobile again, and then I was told that I needed to have service before they could unlock the phone. I was not sure if that was the issue since the phone did not give me the invalid sim card error.

I went to Metros site to see if I can check the IMEI. Their system said the phone was lost or stolen. I called T-mobile to check on the IMEI, and they told me its fine and there are no blocks, and ready to activate.

I also confirmed the status using both Swappa, and checkesnfree. They both say the phone is ok. I would think just using the Sim should work, but I am not sure what to believe.

serio22
Old
(Last edited by serio22; 22nd December 2013 at 08:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 384
Ok there are 2 things you need to do.

1) update your modem to a 4.3 modem

2) add the device to your line.. Just swapping sim cards will not work. It also doesn't need to be unlocked.. Any T-Mobile phone will work with metro as long as its in a gsm market, so you might want to try doing it again.. I worked at metro so that's how I know all this

Edit: never mind you do have a 4.3 modem my mistake for reading too quickly.. But it looks like you're set to go, you just need to add the device to your line, so try adding it again