5,593,458 Members 36,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any app to view stored wifi passwords?

Tip us?

rolo143
Old
(Last edited by rolo143; 22nd December 2013 at 07:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Any app to view stored wifi passwords?

I have tried many apps but haven't been satisfied with anyone. I see somewhere that there is a file located in data/misc/wifi/ named "wpa_supplicant.conf" which stores all passwords from wifi networks. My question is: Is there any app that lets you view your passwords and even create a backup of them? Just see them, so when someone asks me the password I can tell him by looking at that app and giving him/her the password..

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk
Galaxy S4 Mini + Root + TWRP Recovery

PenguinxEnjoi
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo143 View Post
I have tried many apps but haven't been satisfied with anyone. I see somewhere that there is a file located in data/misc/wifi/ named "wpa_supplicant.conf" which stores all passwords from wifi networks. My question is: Is there any app that lets you view your passwords and even create a backup of them? Just see them, so when someone asks me the password I can tell him by looking at that app and giving him/her the password..

Yes, yes there is.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo143 View Post

Here it is, you need root though

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wifi.passwords

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to PenguinxEnjoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sosanyc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So far I've found nothing that works with a rooted Note 3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app