Tip us?

Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNO View Post
Miss leading title
+1 indeed

Sent from my Last Ever Samsung Device.
The Following User Says Thank You to 0331 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexschooley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeksta View Post
Can someone please post a link to the full 100% stock 4.3 samsung firmware file?

I managed to brick a phone and cant recover it using Kies or Odin since the auth signatures was updated on 4.3, trying to downgrade to 4.1.2 is what bricked it.
i couldn't get Odin 3.07 or 3.09 to work along with kies so what i did was, I went into a verizon retailer and told them that i took the OTA update to 4.3 and while it was installing my phone for some reason rebooted and when it rebooted it came to the "firmware upgrade encountered issue. please use software repair assistant & try again". they had never seen that message before and bought the story. so as result my phone is still indeed bricked but they took it as a factory defect and I am currently awaiting a new one in the mail. Iwould recomend doing that and not haveing a S3 for 2-5 days or wait for an exploit to come out for versin 4.3. Hopefully this helps.

PsiPhiDan
Old
Thanks Meter 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschooley View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!! I have rooted and flashed custom roms plenty of times.. but unlike you sir. some of us have jobs that dapend on our phone. so i cant sit around and wait undisclosed amount of time to fix it.. Don't get mad at me for finding away to screw verizon out of 600$ for a brand new phone when i give them thousands every year. least they can do. But still dont see how this shows lack of self respect. but to wach his own no matter how stupid the opinion is.

Good day Sir.
Insurance fraud isn't justifiable by your bill amount. It isn't part of your bill. You're now part of the reason the bill is high.

Congratulations on being a narcissistic, corrupt person. Enjoy your sleep.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rickyg87
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Personally I think they really didn't care if it was insurance fraud or not, they don't want to lose a customer, remember they have you on contract... If the phone said the warranty was still valid which comes up on the screen that informs that there was a problem installing firmware, then there has been no fraud committed. No reason to bash on other members and call them names.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

rickyg87
Old
Thanks Meter 2
And also how is this any different then flashing Roms and an insecure boot loader and later flashing back to stock to return it to Verizon?? That is more insurance fraud than trying to downgrade your recent ota with STOCK firmware

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

pnonu23
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Dont know why updating then downgrading, when 4.3 is running awesome and it has more features than any 4.1 rom for the gs3. I unrooted and installed 4.3, and it was the best choice I made cause now battery life is excellent, and I get almost all the features that the s4 has. Ive been rooting android phones since I had a android. When tw 4.3 gets rooted im sure they will come with a unroot version that will unbrick you. You should have done more reading and research out of all the post explaining not to attempt to root or downgrade. You should have only upgraded if you didnt care about being stuck on 4.3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

VECTUS
Old
(Last edited by VECTUS; 22nd December 2013 at 09:43 PM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6367

DONATE TO ME
THREAD CLOSED BECAUSE SOME POSTERS CANNOT FOLLOW THE RULES.

POSTS DELETED AND IF OFFENDING POSTS WERE QUOTED I DELETED THOSE TO.

Everyone please follow the rules (and remember whatever you post here everone see's. I.e. evidence of fraud etc etc. Let this be an obvious lesson to not post anything public that may incriminate you...)

CLICK TO FIND OUT WHAT XDA IS AND WHY I MODERATED THE WAY I DID

"The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it" - Mark Twain

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe