5,597,937 Members 38,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GOO Manager

Tip us?

Nathan.7118391
Old
(Last edited by Nathan.7118391; 21st December 2013 at 05:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Default GOO Manager

With some of the ROMs we have already why aren't we using GOO Manager to keep them? We won't have to keep going to the thread looking for updates. Once they are made (updates) then you will get a notice that they are ready to install. Also you don't have to worry if this ROM is right for you Oconee since GOO will site you only the ones that are made for your phone. Great app, just wish darthstalker, dragonair, stainless, and other ROMs were on it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Techngro
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan.7118391 View Post
With some of the ROMs we have already why aren't we using GOO Manager to keep them? We won't have to keep going to the thread looking for updates. Once they are made (updates) then you will get a notice that they are ready to install. Also you don't have to worry if this ROM is right for you Oconee since GOO will site you only the ones that are made for your phone. Great app, just wish darthstalker, dragonair, stainless, and other ROMs were on it.

The reason I don't use GooManager is that every time I tried to use it, it never worked. I'd try to install a recovery, and it would just not work. Don't know if it's the app itself, or their servers, but I could never get it to work.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
ROM: Stock - Rooted and Xposed
Recovery: TWRP 2.x

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.2.x

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note
2013: Galaxy Note 3

Nathan.7118391
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
I see, well I downloaded it and installed twrp, rebooted into recovery, and made a backup. But I haven't tried to flash it though. Now I'm nervous about flashing ROMs. And flashing my backup.

Melodic13
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan.7118391 View Post

Maybe there's a reason, but I too have wondered about that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

str8killinya
Old
Thanks Meter 145
I tried to use goo for the first two weeks in got my note 3 it was down all the time. So I never reinstalled it. I just used recovery tools app to do recovery and never looked at too again since it says no Roms found for my device

Nathan.7118391
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
I just got my GN3 on Monday so my pretty weary since it's my first Samsung device. I have twrp version 2.6.3.8 i think? Is it reliable, never had a phone that was supported by them. I used cwm but this phone is not supported by them just yet.