5,600,571 Members 33,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't update CWM Recovery

Tip us?

danstuart
Old
(Last edited by danstuart; 11th December 2013 at 03:19 AM.) Reason: Solved issue myself.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't update CWM Recovery

I'm trying to update to the nightlies for CM11 on my xt926. I receive an error when I try to flash it, and tracking that error down, it says that my recovery isn't up to date. I tried flashing the most recent version of clockwork recovery touchthrough the ROM Manager app, but it won't take. When I go back into the app, it says I'm using 6.0.4.4, but when I reboot to recovery, it says I'm using v 6.0.2.8.

Any idea what I can do to overwrite it? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

EDIT: NVM, in the grand tradition of tech support, as soon as I mention the problem to someone who can help, I find the solution myself. Worked when I flashed recovery via ADB.

captainlovesac
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Oh man. I was having the same problems as you, I even tried with ADB. But i was a bit rusty and totally named my file "recovery.img.img".

Thanks for posting, it made me double check and find the problem.

DizzyFox
Old
(Last edited by DizzyFox; 22nd December 2013 at 10:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by danstuart View Post
I'm trying to update to the nightlies for CM11 on my xt926. I receive an error when I try to flash it, and tracking that error down, it says that my recovery isn't up to date. I tried flashing the most recent version of clockwork recovery touchthrough the ROM Manager app, but it won't take. When I go back into the app, it says I'm using 6.0.4.4, but when I reboot to recovery, it says I'm using v 6.0.2.8.

Any idea what I can do to overwrite it? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

EDIT: NVM, in the grand tradition of tech support, as soon as I mention the problem to someone who can help, I find the solution myself. Worked when I flashed recovery via ADB.
I have found an easy way to update the recovery images. I just download the image I want then use a app called flashify you can find it on the play store.
Just flash with this app. I hope this helps someone who is having problems
Cool thing about this method. It's all done thru your phone.