[Q] SIM-Unlock Issues

Tip us?

fenrir604
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SIM-Unlock Issues

TL, DR:
HTC HBoot 1.55, Bootloader Unlocked, Rumrunner S-OFFed, SIM LOCKED Unlock sites such as 247unlock can't find an unlock code. Any solutions?

Long Version:
I purchased my T-mobile HTC One 32gb for use on a Canadian Wind Carrier in August, paid for an unlock code via 247unlock, worked great, used it trouble free for 4 months; everything was stock. Until November 1, when the phone received the OTA 4.3 update; worked great for one week than it bricked itself when the battery dropped under 10%, would not boot up not matter what I tried...literally tried everything.

Ended up sending it back to HTC, they repaired it free of charge, sent it back, and now it's locked again. The problem is that I can't seem to find an unlocking service that can unlock it. I am 100% that it is the same device as the Serial No. is the same but the IMEI seems to have changed, as it is different from my records. Is that unheard of?

Out of desperation; I scoured the internet, a couple websites make mention of using S-OFF to sim unlock the phone; so I unlocked the bootloader via htcdevs, and S-OFFed the phone via Rumrunner (1.55 Hboot, which only worked after I flashed it to Viper, stock wouldn't S-Off). So, where do I go now? What can I possibly do to unlock this phone?

blackangst
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir604 View Post
TL, DR:
HTC HBoot 1.55, Bootloader Unlocked, Rumrunner S-OFFed, SIM LOCKED Unlock sites such as 247unlock can't find an unlock code. Any solutions?

Long Version:
I purchased my T-mobile HTC One 32gb for use on a Canadian Wind Carrier in August, paid for an unlock code via 247unlock, worked great, used it trouble free for 4 months; everything was stock. Until November 1, when the phone received the OTA 4.3 update; worked great for one week than it bricked itself when the battery dropped under 10%, would not boot up not matter what I tried...literally tried everything.

Ended up sending it back to HTC, they repaired it free of charge, sent it back, and now it's locked again. The problem is that I can't seem to find an unlocking service that can unlock it. I am 100% that it is the same device as the Serial No. is the same but the IMEI seems to have changed, as it is different from my records. Is that unheard of?

Out of desperation; I scoured the internet, a couple websites make mention of using S-OFF to sim unlock the phone; so I unlocked the bootloader via htcdevs, and S-OFFed the phone via Rumrunner (1.55 Hboot, which only worked after I flashed it to Viper, stock wouldn't S-Off). So, where do I go now? What can I possibly do to unlock this phone?
OK youre talking about two different things here. the s-off business is for the bootloader. Has nothing to do with the SIM. A SIM unlocked normally has to be done by the carrier (they give you a code) but there are 3rd party companies online who can supposedly do it, for a fee.

fenrir604
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
OK youre talking about two different things here. the s-off business is for the bootloader. Has nothing to do with the SIM. A SIM unlocked normally has to be done by the carrier (they give you a code) but there are 3rd party companies online who can supposedly do it, for a fee.
Yeah, I am aware that SIM unlocking and S-OFF are completely different things; I was referring to online articles that state S-OFF could facilitate SIM unlocking. I have read through the whole thread about SIM unlocking the HTC One, seems as if little progress has been made.

UPDATE: I eventually took the phone to a Brick and Mortar unlocking store, and they were able to unlock it in 30 minutes...I'm puzzled to how they did this. Special hardware?