[Q] Xperia Z1 Root Help

Tip us?

slimldj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375
Default [Q] Xperia Z1 Root Help

Help guys.

I've just realised that unlocking the bootloader of the Xperia Z1 affects the camera which seems to be the best feature of this device.

I have got to questions:

1. Can I root this phone without unlocking the bootloader? I am on firmware 14.1.G.2.257

2. If I am able to root this device, am I still gonna be able to receive firmware OTA updates from Sony?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z1 Honami
ROM: iHackers
KERNEL: Stock

mharckk
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimldj View Post
Help guys.

I've just realised that unlocking the bootloader of the Xperia Z1 affects the camera which seems to be the best feature of this device.

I have got to questions:

1. Can I root this phone without unlocking the bootloader? I am on firmware 14.1.G.2.257

2. If I am able to root this device, am I still gonna be able to receive firmware OTA updates from Sony?

1. in a way yes, but you have to downgrade to .534 and use b1n4ry tool. then ota update to .257
2. just like i said in 1. you can receive ota but the ota release was for .257 only atm

anyway you can unlock bootloader without breaking camera by uprading to 4.3. but there's no diret method to have root on 4.3 but to have your bootloader unlocked. but in case you want to unlocked, better to backup your TA first.
there's a lot of thread how to do that.

Xperia Z1 running mharckk v1
Xperia S running mharckk v2
PROUD USER OF XPERIA PHONES -_-
The Following User Says Thank You to mharckk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharckk View Post
anyway you can unlock bootloader without breaking camera by uprading to 4.3. but there's no diret method to have root on 4.3 but to have your bootloader unlocked. but in case you want to unlocked, better to backup your TA first.
+1

slimldj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharckk View Post
1. in a way yes, but you have to downgrade to .534 and use b1n4ry tool. then ota update to .257
2. just like i said in 1. you can receive ota but the ota release was for .257 only atm

Thanks.

If I unlock bootloader, will OTA come?

I just wanna be rooted and receive OTA. I'm not gonna be flashing any Roms.

Sony Xperia Z1 Honami
ROM: iHackers
KERNEL: Stock

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimldj View Post
Thanks.

If I unlock bootloader, will OTA come?

I just wanna be rooted and receive OTA. I'm not gonna be flashing any Roms.

I think you get OTA even if you root but I will recommended to do not unlock bootloader if you will not flash any rom. Just update to 4.3 which is really improved OS with very efficient battery and wait until root for 4.3 come out. If you want root now, which will be a huge mistake do not update to 4.3, use only Vroot or 360 app.