XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Tab Z or Ultra to go with Z1?

Tip us?

Don_Drapper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonTsar View Post
I think I'm going for the Tablet Z now. All I need to work out now is do I really need LTE or not? It would be nice to have data when I want and need it seeing as SO man times I've thought "damn, I wish I had wifi" and it would be nice to not drain my phone battery? But then how often is it used outside of using a phone like normal?
Well, for the price diffrence between both variants, go with the LTE one, if you use it a LOT. There's around 50$ between the LTE 16GB and the 32GB Wi-Fi variant. If you don't want to drain your phone battery via Tethering, go with the LTE.

One thing I'm not sure is how great will be battery life while using LTE, as the Wi-Fi variant got me around 5 hours of heavy usage, should you expect around 4 hours on LTE?

Personnally, I would go with the 32GB Wi-Fi as I need the added space and also that the battery life on the Z1 is, in my personnal taste, good enough to support Tethering for a small amount of time (turn it off when you don't need data).

CommonTsar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Drapper View Post
Well, for the price diffrence between both variants, go with the LTE one, if you use it a LOT. There's around 50$ between the LTE 16GB and the 32GB Wi-Fi variant. If you don't want to drain your phone battery via Tethering, go with the LTE.

One thing I'm not sure is how great will be battery life while using LTE, as the Wi-Fi variant got me around 5 hours of heavy usage, should you expect around 4 hours on LTE?

Personnally, I would go with the 32GB Wi-Fi as I need the added space and also that the battery life on the Z1 is, in my personnal taste, good enough to support Tethering for a small amount of time (turn it off when you don't need data).
I just keep thinking I'll regret it. Personally, 16GB is fine, as I'll just pick up another 64gb or 32gb micro-SD card and bobs your uncle, sorted. As for the LTE battery life, I'd probably change it down to 3G for the most part anyway, as that can help save some battery life. 4 hours, tbh, should be enough for me in situations where I *use* the LTE. most the time I should be within a few hours reach of a charger, except for when I've done a Manchester to Glasgow bus root. It's more if I'm out and need to access documents or want to watch Youtube (such as at my grandmothers where Wifi is ABYSML) -I can just get a cheap data package and be like "here are videos." Plus if the wifi goes down...(which it does sometimes).

Idk, it is just nice to read news properly on the train rather than on my phone?

I'd rather have it and not use it, than have it and not need it?

Don_Drapper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In your case, you better have it, like you said "in case". I think you'll regret it less to get it with the LTE and not use it than getting the Wifi and always be like "God I would like LTE" right now. If you can pay the bonus, go ahead, as I've seen battery life won't be that much of a problem for you.

Sent from my C6906