5,606,347 Members 33,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone in Las Vegas with the same issues???

Tip us?

fireforsin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Anyone in Las Vegas with the same issues???

Hi All,
Well I recently purchased the HTC One and have been playing around with it for weeks now. I had the HTC EVO 4G LTE before. Well I am very disappointed. I know Sprint is a terrible network but it just doesn't make sense so I wanted to see if anyone else in my area or just in general is having the same terrible reception. I live up in the Northwest of Vegas and with my EVO I had perfect 4G reception with around 12-20Mb a sec. Now, the HTC One in the same area barely gets one bar. When I travel around town it usually is only on 3G and hardly ever on 4G. I have updated the PRL and Profile several times through the days and still nothing.

I am currently running the Viper One ROM and another issue that drives me crazy is when I use the built in hotspot (part of the ViperOne ROM), I can't get any internet when I am on 4G, I have to go in and set the network to only CDMA to actually have it work which then is slow as hell.

I really like this phone but this has gotten to the point where I want to throw it against the wall. I know they both have different radios and it seems the radio in the One can barely penetrate walls as well. Once I enter a store, my reception drops or I get no data at all.

I have tried a bunch of ROMs and have also reset the phone a million times, it is now unlocked and rooted.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

luigi311
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireforsin View Post
Hi All,
Well I recently purchased the HTC One and have been playing around with it for weeks now. I had the HTC EVO 4G LTE before. Well I am very disappointed. I know Sprint is a terrible network but it just doesn't make sense so I wanted to see if anyone else in my area or just in general is having the same terrible reception. I live up in the Northwest of Vegas and with my EVO I had perfect 4G reception with around 12-20Mb a sec. Now, the HTC One in the same area barely gets one bar. When I travel around town it usually is only on 3G and hardly ever on 4G. I have updated the PRL and Profile several times through the days and still nothing.

I am currently running the Viper One ROM and another issue that drives me crazy is when I use the built in hotspot (part of the ViperOne ROM), I can't get any internet when I am on 4G, I have to go in and set the network to only CDMA to actually have it work which then is slow as hell.

I really like this phone but this has gotten to the point where I want to throw it against the wall. I know they both have different radios and it seems the radio in the One can barely penetrate walls as well. Once I enter a store, my reception drops or I get no data at all.

I have tried a bunch of ROMs and have also reset the phone a million times, it is now unlocked and rooted.

Thanks!
With the evo the reception that the status bar displayed was the voice signal and the HTC one with the 4.3 upgrade they switched it to data as far as I know so that would explain the drastic differences in reception. As far as LTE connecting automaticly my phone seems to pick it up everywhere where my friend with his gs4 picks it up

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk

JoeNeckbone
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireforsin View Post
Hi All,

Thanks!
Try upgrading your radios http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44634436

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

fireforsin
Old
(Last edited by fireforsin; 22nd December 2013 at 11:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNeckbone View Post
Try upgrading your radios http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44634436

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
I just upgraded the firmware and the bars display correctly. I just installed the hotspot hack and now my bars only display around 1 bar at my house. Strange.

I also just tested the hotspot on speedtest.net and only get around 2Mb on 4G. Before I installed it I had the Wifi Tether app by Treve and I was getting 6Mb. The only problem is I had to use it as an Ad-Hoc which my tablet and PS3 does not connect to.