XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Giving my phone to my daughter, need some help

Tip us?

jackler1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Giving my phone to my daughter, need some help

I went ahead and went back to stock 4.1.2, rooted and trwp just in case. In any case coming from CM10, which allows me to adjust anything, this rom sucks. My main problem is the top down slide down menu with all the icons to turn on wifi, bluetooth, etc. I want to get rid of some of those and just have wifi, airplane, gps, and screen rotation, I don't need the rest but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of them or adjust that bar. Any help would be appreciated. The second thing is the notification area get's filled up too quickly, especially when mails come in. I just want sms/mms notifications there and no mail notifications , an indicator of new mail on the top bar is sufficient. Thanks a bunch...

Jeff

asimowalk
Old
(Last edited by asimowalk; 22nd December 2013 at 11:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Since you're rooted, you can get Xposed Framework to get most/all your customizations, including your toggles.

You should be able to stop individual apps from posting notifications in the app info settings. I think that came around in 4.1, hopefully Samsung/AT&T/Rogers didn't disable that for whatever reason. If I understand you correctly, though, you don't want any email notification in the shade but you still want something in the bar? Not sure how to go about that, but you can always get a launcher with an unread count that shows up on the email icon.