XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible Bricked Tab 3 SMT10R

Tip us?

Albertna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Possible Bricked Tab 3 SMT10R

All, I did watch the guide and I did spend nigh-on 3 hours, no exaggeration, trying to find my solution.

But it looks like I've really messed up big time!!!!

Idiot that I am, I had everything running perfectly before, however I have become far to over confident and i think i have bricked my device!! I flashed this thinking it was rom that was stable (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561064)

Unfortunately its left my device unable to turn off & will only will restart showing the Samsung logo. I installed previously a custom recovery & cannot access it. I also cannot access download mode.

When you stop laughing at me can you please advise my wisest course of action? Stupid thing is I can flash and mess around with my GNex until the cows come home, but this has me flummoxed and greatly worried.

I look forward to any reply's.

bierma32
Old
(Last edited by bierma32; 21st December 2013 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertna View Post
All, I did watch the guide and I did spend nigh-on 3 hours, no exaggeration, trying to find my solution.

Idiot that I am, I had everything running perfectly before, however I have become far to over confident and i think i have bricked my device!! I flashed this thinking it was rom that was stable (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561064)

Unfortunately its left my device unable to turn off & will only will restart showing the Samsung logo. I installed previously a custom recovery & cannot access it. I also cannot access download mode.

When you stop laughing at me can you please advise my wisest course of action? Stupid thing is I can flash and mess around with my GNex until the cows come home, but this has me flummoxed and greatly worried.

Sorry to say this, when follow this thread then you see that is an test.build

1. Can you start your rom into recovery mode?
Is your answere yes than follow step 2.
1A. Can you start your tab into download mode, is your answere yes. Flash the stockrom by odin.

2. Download a flash able rom on your pc , copy this on your ext sdcard.
3.but the sdcard into your tab.
4.start your tab into recovery mody , do a full wipe, and than flash the rom from your ext.sdcard

cross your fingers and hope that your tab booted.

Albertna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierma32 View Post
Sorry to say this, when follow this thread then you see that is an test.build

1. Can you start your rom into recovery mode?
Is your answere yes than follow step 2.
1A. Can you start your tab into download mode, is your answere yes. Flash the stockrom by odin.

2. Download a flash able rom on your pc , copy this on your ext sdcard.
3.but the sdcard into your tab.
4.start your tab into recovery mody , do a full wipe, and than flash the rom from your ext.sdcard

cross your fingers and hope that your tab booted.
Thank you for the reply..No i cannot start tab into recovery mode or download mod.

trazfer
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Thank you for the reply..No i cannot start tab into recovery mode or download mod.
As previously said, cwm or odin are the only ways you can do to revert to stock because you flashed a test cm rom. Did you try to charge your tab maybe you have lowbattery. Or maybe one of your volume keys and home button are broken.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

bensonhsu2008
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Try Usb jig, it may works for you.
Just a kid

Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 - S.E.A.L. V3
Nokia Lumia 520 - unlocked
IPhone 4S- Not jailbreak--accidentally updated to 7.1
IPad 4 - Not jailbreak!

The Following User Says Thank You to bensonhsu2008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Unjustified Dev
Old
(Last edited by Unjustified Dev; 22nd December 2013 at 01:53 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4453
Quote:

don't blame my rom lol. Hold volume down , home button and power at the same time for like 20 secs then it will be in download mode. I have soft bricked it over 50 times. same for recovery you have to hold , vol up , home , and power until tab reboots to tab 3 logo then keep holding it for like 3 secs then let go it will go into recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unjustified Dev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Albertna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for all the prompt comments, yep panic over I managed to get into download mode & re-flashed the standard rom.

dcharleyultra
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Thanks for all the prompt comments, yep panic over I managed to get into download mode & re-flashed the standard rom.
Just curious- how did you get it into Download Mode?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Sprint Galaxy SIII:
Root: CF-Auto-Root
Model: SPH-L710
Baseband: L710VPUCMK3
Kernel: 3.0.31-dkp-gd5473e7
decilmalman@goliath #1
Mon Dec 9 17:34:52 EST 2013
Build: JSS15J.L710VPBUCMK3

chromecast:
Root: flashCast
ROM: Eureka