5,596,784 Members 48,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible Bricked Tab 3 SMT10R

Tip us?
 
Albertna
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Possible Bricked Tab 3 SMT10R

All, I did watch the guide and I did spend nigh-on 3 hours, no exaggeration, trying to find my solution.

But it looks like I've really messed up big time!!!!

Idiot that I am, I had everything running perfectly before, however I have become far to over confident and i think i have bricked my device!! I flashed this thinking it was rom that was stable (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561064)

Unfortunately its left my device unable to turn off & will only will restart showing the Samsung logo. I installed previously a custom recovery & cannot access it. I also cannot access download mode.

When you stop laughing at me can you please advise my wisest course of action? Stupid thing is I can flash and mess around with my GNex until the cows come home, but this has me flummoxed and greatly worried.

I look forward to any reply's.
 
bierma32
Old
(Last edited by bierma32; 21st December 2013 at 03:23 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 141
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: @my home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertna View Post
All, I did watch the guide and I did spend nigh-on 3 hours, no exaggeration, trying to find my solution.

But it looks like I've really messed up big time!!!!

Idiot that I am, I had everything running perfectly before, however I have become far to over confident and i think i have bricked my device!! I flashed this thinking it was rom that was stable (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561064)

Unfortunately its left my device unable to turn off & will only will restart showing the Samsung logo. I installed previously a custom recovery & cannot access it. I also cannot access download mode.

When you stop laughing at me can you please advise my wisest course of action? Stupid thing is I can flash and mess around with my GNex until the cows come home, but this has me flummoxed and greatly worried.

I look forward to any reply's.

Sorry to say this, when follow this thread then you see that is an test.build

1. Can you start your rom into recovery mode?
Is your answere yes than follow step 2.
1A. Can you start your tab into download mode, is your answere yes. Flash the stockrom by odin.

2. Download a flash able rom on your pc , copy this on your ext sdcard.
3.but the sdcard into your tab.
4.start your tab into recovery mody , do a full wipe, and than flash the rom from your ext.sdcard

cross your fingers and hope that your tab booted.
 
Albertna
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierma32 View Post
Sorry to say this, when follow this thread then you see that is an test.build

1. Can you start your rom into recovery mode?
Is your answere yes than follow step 2.
1A. Can you start your tab into download mode, is your answere yes. Flash the stockrom by odin.

2. Download a flash able rom on your pc , copy this on your ext sdcard.
3.but the sdcard into your tab.
4.start your tab into recovery mody , do a full wipe, and than flash the rom from your ext.sdcard

cross your fingers and hope that your tab booted.
Thank you for the reply..No i cannot start tab into recovery mode or download mod.
 
trazfer
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 137
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertna View Post
Thank you for the reply..No i cannot start tab into recovery mode or download mod.
As previously said, cwm or odin are the only ways you can do to revert to stock because you flashed a test cm rom. Did you try to charge your tab maybe you have lowbattery. Or maybe one of your volume keys and home button are broken.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app
 
bensonhsu2008
Old
#5  
bensonhsu2008's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 412
Posts: 276
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kowloon, Hong Kong
Try Usb jig, it may works for you.
Just a kid

Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 - S.E.A.L. V3
Nokia Lumia 520 - unlocked
IPhone 4S- Not jailbreak--accidentally updated to 7.1
IPad 4 - Not jailbreak!

The Following User Says Thank You to bensonhsu2008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Unjustified Dev
Old
(Last edited by Unjustified Dev; 22nd December 2013 at 01:53 PM.)
#6  
Unjustified Dev's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4453
Posts: 4,425
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Memphis , TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertna View Post
All, I did watch the guide and I did spend nigh-on 3 hours, no exaggeration, trying to find my solution.

But it looks like I've really messed up big time!!!!

Idiot that I am, I had everything running perfectly before, however I have become far to over confident and i think i have bricked my device!! I flashed this thinking it was rom that was stable (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561064)

Unfortunately its left my device unable to turn off & will only will restart showing the Samsung logo. I installed previously a custom recovery & cannot access it. I also cannot access download mode.

When you stop laughing at me can you please advise my wisest course of action? Stupid thing is I can flash and mess around with my GNex until the cows come home, but this has me flummoxed and greatly worried.

I look forward to any reply's.
don't blame my rom lol. Hold volume down , home button and power at the same time for like 20 secs then it will be in download mode. I have soft bricked it over 50 times. same for recovery you have to hold , vol up , home , and power until tab reboots to tab 3 logo then keep holding it for like 3 secs then let go it will go into recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unjustified Dev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Albertna
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thanks for all the prompt comments, yep panic over I managed to get into download mode & re-flashed the standard rom.
 
dcharleyultra
Old
#8  
dcharleyultra's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 831
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertna View Post
Thanks for all the prompt comments, yep panic over I managed to get into download mode & re-flashed the standard rom.
Just curious- how did you get it into Download Mode?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Sprint Galaxy SIII:
Root: CF-Auto-Root
Model: SPH-L710
OS: 4.3
Baseband: L710VPUCMK3
Kernel: 3.0.31-dkp-gd5473e7
decilmalman@goliath #1
Mon Dec 9 17:34:52 EST 2013
Build: JSS15J.L710VPBUCMK3

chromecast:
Root: flashCast
ROM: Eureka

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0:
Root: eeamshh
Model: SM-T310
OS: 4.2.2
Kernel: 3.0.31-1422334
se.infra@SEP-97 #1
Mon Aug 19 08:55:20 KST 2013
Build: JDQ39.T310UEUAMH2

NookColor:
Root: leapinlar CM7 SDcard
CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)

All Rights Reserved

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, and Tablet Z to Receive Official KitKat Update in May

It’s no secret that although Sony is one of the most … more

Force Translucent Status Bar in KitKat ROMs with Xposed

It’s been a while since Android 4.4KitKat wasreleased, and we’re slowly … more

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more