5,598,171 Members 44,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to Disable Power button function??

Tip us?

RASHIDDDDD
Old
(Last edited by RASHIDDDDD; 21st December 2013 at 06:05 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Prompt [Q] how to Disable Power button function??

When i press power button there is a problem in touch screen it doesnt works.... i triied everythig bt when i wake up my device wit power button it stops working.. so i HOW WOULD i have to DISABLE the function of POWER button to completely disable only this button ... i tried BUTTON REMAPPER bt it didnt work for me also tried .. ANY other suggestions???

HTC HD2 (Pak)
HSPL 2.08 -
Radio 2.15.50.14 -

PIXEL DROID v7(on 2 GB SD Card
NESUSHD2 4.3 JB (best rom ever) BEST ROM EVER

Nigeldg
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHIDDDDD View Post
When i press power button there is a problem in touch screen it doesnt works.... i triied everythig bt when i wake up my device wit power button it stops working.. so i HOW WOULD i have to DISABLE the function of POWER button to completely disable only this button ... i tried BUTTON REMAPPER bt it didnt work for me also tried .. ANY other suggestions???
The issue with the touch screen after pressing the power button is a hardware issue so it doesn't really matter whether you disable the function of the power button, what you need to do is make sure you don't use the power button to wake the screen up and find an alternative way to lock the screen (there are plenty of widgets/solutions on the Play Store).
Primary device: Nexus 4 running Paranoidandroid
Ultimate Nexus 4 Root guide

Secondary device: HTC HD2 running NexusHD2 JB
How to be a new user, and not a noob - Some people REALLY need to read this!
How to flash an HD2 with NAND Android
A guide to all of the terms for the HD2
Android 4.2 keyboard and Camera!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nigeldg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]