XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Brick, Help!

Tip us?

santiagorook
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Soft Brick, Help!

I've been trying to get my phone back on stock rom for hours or at least to the point where I can use it. Ive tried several methods in the past day. However, I have not been able to do it without success. This was all for the purpose of updating to 4.3 since I hadn't updated since I rooted my phone. First I unrooted it through Supersu and tried to apply the update but it wouldnt work so then I factory reset it. I applied the update again but it didnt seem to want to update to 4.3 . So then I went to TWRP and cleaned out the files, but I never checked to it to the system. After that It was stuck into a boot loop. It never got past the Galaxy s4 boot image. I still have a back up of everything after I rooted my phone, but after applying the following system recovery
stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4/SPH-L720/L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_SPR.zip
I am no longer able to use TWRP and my phone is still in the same situation. All I know about my phone without acess to the information in the about phone section is that it is a Verison Galaxy S4 and before I did anything it was on an android 4.2.2 rooted stock. On the box it say its a SPHl720BKK. If anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated before I hard brick my phone with the little experiance i have.

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagorook View Post
I've been trying to get my phone back on stock rom for hours or at least to the point where I can use it. Ive tried several methods in the past day. However, I have not been able to do it without success. This was all for the purpose of updating to 4.3 since I hadn't updated since I rooted my phone. First I unrooted it through Supersu and tried to apply the update but it wouldnt work so then I factory reset it. I applied the update again but it didnt seem to want to update to 4.3 . So then I went to TWRP and cleaned out the files, but I never checked to it to the system. After that It was stuck into a boot loop. It never got past the Galaxy s4 boot image. I still have a back up of everything after I rooted my phone, but after applying the following system recovery
stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4/SPH-L720/L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_SPR.zip
I am no longer able to use TWRP and my phone is still in the same situation. All I know about my phone without acess to the information in the about phone section is that it is a Verison Galaxy S4 and before I did anything it was on an android 4.2.2 rooted stock. On the box it say its a SPHl720BKK. If anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated before I hard brick my phone with the little experiance i have.
You're posting in a forum for the SCH-I545. That's a Verizon Galaxy S4.

The SPH-L720 is an international phone, You'll need to post on a forum for that particular variant of the GS4 if you expect any help.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1