5,597,354 Members 33,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Help please) Verizon warning triangle after trying to update to 4.3 from 4.1.2

Tip us?

Rsc25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default (Help please) Verizon warning triangle after trying to update to 4.3 from 4.1.2

I'm in need of some serious help here guys. Tonight I tried to update my rooted s3 on 4.1.2 to the new update 4.3. I accepted the download and after the download I installed it. My phone booted into the yellow Verizon triangle telling me it noticed I have unauthorized programs on my phone not authorized by Verizon and to turn the phone off and take it into Verizon. I tried to boot into clockwork recovery and it would not let me and booted back to the yellow Verizon triangle.

I have no idea what to do, did I permanently brick my phone or can I get back to 4.1.2 some how? I would greatly appreciate any information pointing in the direction to fix this.

Rsc25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I managed to recover my phone! I pulled the battery and sim card prior to signing up on xda because I read someone having the same issue on a note 2. Once the battery and sim is removed let it set for a half hour then place the sim and battery back into the phone. Once they were back in the phone press the power button ,it should boot right up as it normally would. I'm not saying there isn't more than one way of fixing this issue but this method worked for me and I thought I would share for those who might experience this yellow triangle notification as well. On a side note it did not successfully updated my phone but returned me back to 4.1.2

BattsNotIncld
Old
Thanks Meter 96
You need to be 100% stock to take an OTA (unrooted, stock recovery). The easiest way to get to that state is to ODIN a stock factory image. This will delete your internal storage.

Was your bootloader unlocked prior to trying to update to 4.3? I'm assuming so if you were running CWM recovery.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: SlimKat

Previous Phone: Samsung Droid Charge (sold)

irl5fan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I actually had the same problem and am trying to fix right now. I tried running rootkeeper before the update, but that obviously didn't work. Anyone know where I can get the 4.1.2 image to flash? Also, do i need to do that "Triangle Away"? My custom binary dL says "Yes (4 counts)."

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4028
Quote:
Originally Posted by irl5fan View Post
I actually had the same problem and am trying to fix right now. I tried running rootkeeper before the update, but that obviously didn't work. Anyone know where I can get the 4.1.2 image to flash? Also, do i need to do that "Triangle Away"? My custom binary dL says "Yes (4 counts)."
Triangle Away is free for XDA members. Must be stock rooted to work. Won't work on every rom. May have to odin stock, root run Triangle and then Odin Stock again. Remove tar from MF1 zip to Odin. Once on 4.3 there is no return and no unlock. Can run Saferoot to root. Do not try to unlock or flash custom recovery or device will brick.

Triangle Away- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...60&postcount=1

MF1- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535

aarontsuru
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattsNotIncld View Post
You need to be 100% stock to take an OTA (unrooted, stock recovery).
You sure about that? Seems quite a few people were on 4.1.2 stock + rooted, took the update, and went to 4.3 fine, but lost root.

Quite a few in the main 4.3 thread.
tsurufoto.com
nudiezine.com

Rsc25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You need to be 100% stock to take an OTA (unrooted, stock recovery). The easiest way to get to that state is to ODIN a stock factory image. This will delete your internal storage.

Was your bootloader unlocked prior to trying to update to 4.3? I'm assuming so if you were running CWM recovery.
Yes my bootloader is unlocked. I think I'm going to postpone the 4.3 update until I hear better reviews. I have seen posts on here where people are having issues after taking the update. I simply did not know what was going on if I had hard bricked my device or not, luckily I did not and was able to get back to 4.1.2

jlyle
Old
Thanks Meter 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsc25 View Post
Yes my bootloader is unlocked. I think I'm going to postpone the 4.3 update until I hear better reviews. I have seen posts on here where people are having issues after taking the update. I simply did not know what was going on if I had hard bricked my device or not, luckily I did not and was able to get back to 4.1.2
I updated my wifes Via the OTA and she has had 0 issues. I think most of the issues people are having after the OTA are self inflicted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phatreno
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default stock image

Quote:

just wonderingim trying to get a stock vrbm1 tar but every link I try is down I did have it on a usb but lost it, originally from dark menace if you know of another source would be great ive downloaded a few but md5 doesn't match