XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to 'debrand' the SGH M919?

Tip us?

lordcheeto03
Old
Thanks Meter 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps View Post
Samfirmware downloads are in zip format and you have to extract them to get the .tar.md5 file. That .tar.md5 file HAS to be done through Odin. You can't use those in CWM. The CWM ones are the ones you find on these forums.
The point I'm trying to get across is to not use Odin to flash anything that's not specifically meant for your device. It looks like he's trying to use the stock Odin-flashable firmwares for the i9505 which would be bad... Any of the CWM-flashable ROMs in the i9505 (not i9500) are good to go.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button

xdapowerapps
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
The point I'm trying to get across is to not use Odin to flash anything that's not specifically meant for your device. It looks like he's trying to use the stock Odin-flashable firmwares for the i9505 which would be bad... Any of the CWM-flashable ROMs in the i9505 (not i9500) are good to go.
You are absolutely correct. I don't think he understands the difference between the two...

< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules

ExPl|c|7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Um, guys, my question still seems to be unanswered: since samfirmware roms are not cwm flashable, WHERE do i find non-odin flashable stock rom? Is it even possible? I downloaded samfirmware stock rom because of the very first reply to my thread which mentioned it.

And my second question: is there a stock t mobile kernel i can use instead of the custom 'tweaked' ones?

razielpr
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Forget about the firmware you downloaded from sammobile it will brick your device go to the i9505 section here in XDA and download one from there and then flash it in CWM then the Tmo kernel and your done.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
sent from my infected GS3 Boricua 100%.
The Following User Says Thank You to razielpr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]