XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Every App Crashing

Tip us?

guy12a1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Every App Crashing

When i open pretty much any app, it either crashes or continues to function properly EXCEPT when it needs a keyboard. For example Chrome, I try to type in a web address and then it just sits there waiting for the keyboard to open, before crashing. This is also happening with games, Such as Clash Of Clans, which crash upon loading.

I'm not running any 3rd Party Launchers/Keyboard, completely stock HTC Sense.
I was running Themer but uninstalled it about 2 weeks ago
I was running SwiftKey (legit) when this started, I turned it off, and has done nothing, apps still crash etc.

donaldvle
Old
(Last edited by donaldvle; 23rd December 2013 at 04:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy12a1 View Post
When i open pretty much any app, it either crashes or continues to function properly EXCEPT when it needs a keyboard. For example Chrome, I try to type in a web address and then it just sits there waiting for the keyboard to open, before crashing. This is also happening with games, Such as Clash Of Clans, which crash upon loading.

I'm not running any 3rd Party Launchers/Keyboard, completely stock HTC Sense.
I was running Themer but uninstalled it about 2 weeks ago
I was running SwiftKey (legit) when this started, I turned it off, and has done nothing, apps still crash etc.
Is your phone rooted? This happened to my friend (keyboard wasnt working, apps crashing) because he flashed the wrong gapps into CM 10.2, but i know you said it is completely stock sense. If you didnt root or flash an incorrect gapp, I would factory reset. If you do, BACKUP first. There might be a better solution than my kind of last resort deal, but it shouldn't hurt.