5,600,182 Members 40,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted with TriForce ROM, phone keeps crashing?

Tip us?

Caffeinatrix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Rooted with TriForce ROM, phone keeps crashing?

I rooted my phone using CWM and flashed TriForceROM a few months ago, and everything was wonderful till about a month or so afterward, and now at random when it's idle it'll crash? I'll go to unlock it, the Menu and Back buttons on the bottom will flash, and then I'll have to wait a few minutes and press the power button (sometimes a couple times) and after vibrating once or twice it'll boot up to the Samsung splash screen.

I managed to do some research and found it might be just because it's rooted, but since the problem didn't start until a good bit after the root I was thinking maybe (hopefully) it's something else? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Any help appreciated ^_^

frostedunit
Old
Thanks Meter 268
I will assume you are running KT's kernel because that is a known problem for some people on his kernel.

Reflash Tri force and choose change mods. Choose stock and all will be well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to frostedunit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caffeinatrix
Old
(Last edited by Caffeinatrix; 23rd December 2013 at 01:02 AM.) Reason: Remembered settings
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostedunit View Post
I will assume you are running KT's kernel because that is a known problem for some people on his kernel.

Reflash Tri force and choose change mods. Choose stock and all will be well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I might have, I don't think I went in and changed much. I'll do that. Thanks!!

Just checked (remembered you can look at the kernel through settings. D'oh), and it is indeed KT's kernel. Yay for being able to fix it and still have the ROM!

HoodieNinja
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinatrix View Post
I might have, I don't think I went in and changed much. I'll do that. Thanks!!

Just checked (remembered you can look at the kernel through settings. D'oh), and it is indeed KT's kernel. Yay for being able to fix it and still have the ROM!
also you just so you know you said you flashed triforce a couple months ago and there is a new version out for the mk2 modem.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoodieNinja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caffeinatrix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodieNinja View Post
also you just so you know you said you flashed triforce a couple months ago and there is a new version out for the mk2 modem.
Oh, awesome. Thank you so much!! Been kind of cut off from everything off and on since then x.x

HoodieNinja
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinatrix View Post
Oh, awesome. Thank you so much!! Been kind of cut off from everything off and on since then x.x
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261943

there is the rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2338919

and that is the mk2 firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to HoodieNinja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]