Nexus like SoftKeys

Tip us?

vivek90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Nexus like SoftKeys

Hello There

I just wanted to know, how can i add softkeys to my at&t s3 i747 like nexus devices. my bottom keys stopped working after a fall & all that works is HOME button neither MENU or BACK button lightup or work.

Searched this forum a lot found this line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" to add to build.prop but whenever i did that the phone just keeps restarting with every rom that included stock, aosp, cm11 & other derivatives.

Good old captivate used to have this option with CM9 but i cant find an option to enable it anywhere. So im here to ask if there's any module to get those softkeys.

Tried all apps from playstore nothing seems to work.

The best Rom for the best ever Galaxy i337 >> i9505

vivek90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Nothing can be done???

vivek90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Self BUMP!

drx895
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek90 View Post
Hello There

I just wanted to know, how can i add softkeys to my at&t s3 i747 like nexus devices. my bottom keys stopped working after a fall & all that works is HOME button neither MENU or BACK button lightup or work.

Searched this forum a lot found this line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" to add to build.prop but whenever i did that the phone just keeps restarting with every rom that included stock, aosp, cm11 & other derivatives.

Good old captivate used to have this option with CM9 but i cant find an option to enable it anywhere. So im here to ask if there's any module to get those softkeys.

Tried all apps from playstore nothing seems to work.
The "qemu.hw.etc..." should work fine as long as you save correctly and reboot after. If you're willing to use 4.3, use an AOKP ROM like Task650's, PAC, or Paranoid Android which comes with a persistent navigation bar option if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone
Rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Latest Quantum 4.4 KitKat with QuantumKernel
Project Butter at its finest