[Q] Xperia V won't turn on

Tip us?

drn57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtkf88 View Post
now i know why your phone always disconnect with your computer, the problem lie with either your usb port on computer, or the cable you use for connection, if your computer cannot identify your phone, then you will have the cannot identify message pop up, and your phone reboot itself..so you have to make sure your computer identify the phone and install the require driver, just then you can start flashing..i recon you try using other computer or original cable from sony..see if that help..
I don't understand,i had same problem few weeks ago on windows 8
And i just opened flashtool and flashed tft with vol- and plugging usb
Now on windows 8.1 nothing happens
Can u tell me which drivers are required.?
and i am usin original cable from sony which i got with phone when i bought it

drn57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
now i know why your phone always disconnect with your computer, the problem lie with either your usb port on computer, or the cable you use for connection, if your computer cannot identify your phone, then you will have the cannot identify message pop up, and your phone reboot itself..so you have to make sure your computer identify the phone and install the require driver, just then you can start flashing..i recon you try using other computer or original cable from sony..see if that help..
I tried on my old pc
Win XP
When window comes up and tells me to hold vol- and plug it,i do it
but i get error in flashtol "Drivers need to be instaled,you can find them in flashtool folder." or something like that
i go to flashtool,instal drivers but again i get same message . . .
On my new pc on Windows 8.1 When windows comes up and tells me to plug it with vol- nothing happens after i plug it . . .
I get green light,but it turns off after 10 seconds or less . . . Windows still showing guide to connect it in flashmode . . .

davidtkf88
Old
(Last edited by davidtkf88; 22nd December 2013 at 04:51 AM.) Reason: adding toher information
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drn57 View Post
I tried on my old pc
Win XP
When window comes up and tells me to hold vol- and plug it,i do it
but i get error in flashtol "Drivers need to be instaled,you can find them in flashtool folder." or something like that
i go to flashtool,instal drivers but again i get same message . . .
On my new pc on Windows 8.1 When windows comes up and tells me to plug it with vol- nothing happens after i plug it . . .
I get green light,but it turns off after 10 seconds or less . . . Windows still showing guide to connect it in flashmode . . .
that because on win 8.1 there is a problem with the usb port where microsoft has changed their usb policies, the changes cause our phone unable to connect by fashboot, or flashmode, and that mostly referring to usb 2.0 port..you will not encounter this with win7 or win8, under xp you will need to install your s1 boot driver manually, so best for you to use a win7 or win8..

also, if your win 8.1 have a usb 3.0 port that uses intel, amd, nec, etc, chips, and is running driver provided by vendor, you can try using those usb 3.0 port, as long as you are not running microsoft driver..

drn57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
that because on win 8.1 there is a problem with the usb port where microsoft has changed their usb policies, the changes cause our phone unable to connect by fashboot, or flashmode, and that mostly referring to usb 2.0 port..you will not encounter this with win7 or win8, under xp you will need to install your s1 boot driver manually, so best for you to use a win7 or win8..

also, if your win 8.1 have a usb 3.0 port that uses intel, amd, nec, etc, chips, and is running driver provided by vendor, you can try using those usb 3.0 port, as long as you are not running microsoft driver..
I tried on winows 8
I installed drivers from flashtool folder on win 8 and when i connect phone with vol- i get green light
guide window dissappears and flashing stops with message in log " Drivers need to be instaled,you can find them in flashtool folder" . . .
On windows XP same,it tells me that drivers need to be installed but I instaled them . . .

drn57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

DUUUUUDE
AFTER 9 DAYS I DID IT FINALLY
I UNBRICKED MY LOVE
Win 8
Win XP
Win 8.1 couldn't recognize my phone in flashtool

My last hope was Windows 7
I tried to flash my stock kernel and i have got error : 22/009/2013 20:09:07 - ERROR - 31: A device connected to the system is not in operation.
22/009/2013 20:09:07 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
Same error few times
I pulled my battery out and i tried again and flashing finished successfully
but I couldn't turn my phone anyways
I plug it in pc and i got red led
after few minutes SONY logo appeared by itself for a few seconds,i didn't do anything . . .
so i thought it's because of low batery
Then i plugged my phone into wall socket and after few minutes phone turned of by itself . . .
Now everything works perfect . . .
Thank you all for your help,and your answers
you guys are my heroes
have fun

davidtkf88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drn57 View Post
DUUUUUDE
AFTER 9 DAYS I DID IT FINALLY
I UNBRICKED MY LOVE
Win 8
Win XP
Win 8.1 couldn't recognize my phone in flashtool

My last hope was Windows 7
I tried to flash my stock kernel and i have got error : 22/009/2013 20:09:07 - ERROR - 31: A device connected to the system is not in operation.
22/009/2013 20:09:07 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
Same error few times
I pulled my battery out and i tried again and flashing finished successfully
but I couldn't turn my phone anyways
I plug it in pc and i got red led
after few minutes SONY logo appeared by itself for a few seconds,i didn't do anything . . .
so i thought it's because of low batery
Then i plugged my phone into wall socket and after few minutes phone turned of by itself . . .
Now everything works perfect . . .
Thank you all for your help,and your answers
you guys are my heroes
have fun
sometime if run on low battery, the flashing will stop at that message (A device connected to the system is not in operation), you are lucky to get it flashing, cause sometime the bootloader will be corrupted if flashing stop suddenly..anyways, happy to get your phone working again have a fine day