5,593,401 Members 36,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft-bricked Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Tip us?

Storm.hf
Old
(Last edited by Storm.hf; 23rd December 2013 at 05:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Soft-bricked Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Hi all,

Thank you for whom reads this thread. - Very recently I tried to root my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The method I was using was the Kingo application that isn't prohibited on the forum which I now know. At this point I am unsure what to do, besides flashing this but I am unsure if this method will work. Plus I do not know how to flash this or where to even begin.

Basically in short, I tried doing the following:
  1. Root with the Kingo root application that I got from the official site.
  2. After I used Wanam Exposed to customize my stock ROM.
  3. Played on my phone for a bit and then I got a random error: "Unfortunately, System Ui has stopped"
  4. I posted a thread about this issue (without much detail on what I was doing) and I was recommended to flash these stock files which didn't work. Here is the following errors while I try to flash the file in Odin:
    Code:
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
    <ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

At this point I do not know what to do. I am not hard bricked but I assume I am soft bricked because my phone will not boot into my system because of the error I posted above. If anyone can get me on the right track this would be great. Thank you.

ulfhednar11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
the same thing has happened to me before and i plugged my phone into the computer and used the built in verizon upgrade center and went to the repair section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm.hf View Post

Hi all,

Thank you for whom reads this thread. - Very recently I tried to root my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The method I was using was the Kingo application that isn't prohibited on the forum which I now know. At this point I am unsure what to do, besides flashing this but I am unsure if this method will work. Plus I do not know how to flash this or where to even begin.

Basically in short, I tried doing the following:
  1. Root with the Kingo root application that I got from the official site.
  2. After I used Wanam Exposed to customize my stock ROM.
  3. Played on my phone for a bit and then I got a random error: "Unfortunately, System Ui has stopped"
  4. I posted a thread about this issue (without much detail on what I was doing) and I was recommended to flash these stock files which didn't work. Here is the following errors while I try to flash the file in Odin:
    Code:
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> ALL_N900VVRUBMI9_N900VVZWMI9_1671014_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
    <ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

At this point I do not know what to do. I am not hard bricked but I assume I am soft bricked because my phone will not boot into my system because of the error I posted above. If anyone can get me on the right track this would be great. Thank you.

Storm.hf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Could you please link me to the software

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda app-developers app

repsol_23
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I think your phone may have had firmware that was later than what you were trying to flash. From what you posted you were flashing mi9 which was the first one with initial released phones. They would explain the soft brick. Then there was update MJ7 and now there is MJE. I would suggest finding the MJ7 tar file and try that and see if that will fix the soft brick. If same results then try MJE.

Hope this helps.

Tap'n & Talk'n on my Note 3