[Solved] Bootloop after flashing any Touchwiz based rom
For about a few days, I can't flash any touchwiz based rom, even the ones I could flash without any problem before. After I flash any touchwiz rom, my phone goes into a bootloop cycle. Though I can boot into recovery and download mode with key combinations. I don't know when this happened for the first time but as far as I can remember, it would be after I flashed some 4.4 AOSP rom (could be Omnirom, I'm not sure though)
What I did to recover from boot loop:
- Wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and reboot, no joy.
- Wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, wipe data, reboot, no joy.
- Wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, wipe data, wipe data/media, reboot, no joy.
- Pulled out the battery between these steps too.
At first, I thought something was wrong about the aroma installer itself because the phone was getting frozen during aroma installer setup screen, then I came up that it was caused due to my older CWM version, so I updated the recovery and it didn't freze again during installation.
And by the way, I've lost my efs partition during these processes, thankfully I've had a nandroid backup from a couple of months before.
Now I'm stuck with AOSP roms and the only way I can use a touchwiz rom is to flash the stock rom via odin. But I want to use the new leaked version based Note3 featured roms.
I've seen similar topics at S4 section but I couldn't be sure if I can do the exact steps for an N7100 international device.
I'm pretty familiar with linux system and I can use adb so I can provide any kind of information you need to diagnose this issue. Thanks in advance. Best regards.
HOW I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM
- Wiped everything (system, data, sdcard, of course internal sdcard)
- Flashed n7100 16GB pit file via odin
- Flashed stock rom via odin
- During these steps, I realized that my CSC code had been changed, I've corrected it acording to my country code
- Rooted my phone again
- Flashed CWM 184.108.40.206 recovery
- Flashed DN3 V3.1 rom
- Bingo, I successifully booted into DN3 rom but had no WIFI
- Flashed MJ5 bootloader
- Rebooted, then WIFI worked without a problem
- Setup my phone and did some restore
It's all good now. Thanks for everything, I hope these steps can help someone facing the same problem.