5,598,980 Members 31,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does updating with mobil odin trigger the knox?

Tip us?

moom999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Does updating with mobil odin trigger the knox?

My Note 3 bootloader is MJ7 does updating to MK2 with mobile Odin will trigger knox ?

antt00
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by moom999 View Post
My Note 3 bootloader is MJ7 does updating to MK2 with mobile Odin will trigger knox ?
Mobile odin needs root to begin with. So if you root you most probably gonna trip your knox, so mobile odin is the least of your worries.
Asus P525 (WM5 - WM6) ---> HP Ipaq 612c (WM6.5) ---> HTC HD2 (WM6.5.x - Android) ---> Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> Samsung Note 2 --> Samsung Note 3

ALEXNDR ROM (XXUENC2) // Clean Custom Kernel // Naxos Theme // TSF Shell Launcher

moom999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by antt00 View Post
Mobile odin needs root to begin with. So if you root you most probably gonna trip your knox, so mobile odin is the least of your worries.
It has root and knox 0x0

antt00
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
It has root and knox 0x0
Previously how did you get to MJ7 rom with root?
Asus P525 (WM5 - WM6) ---> HP Ipaq 612c (WM6.5) ---> HTC HD2 (WM6.5.x - Android) ---> Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> Samsung Note 2 --> Samsung Note 3

ALEXNDR ROM (XXUENC2) // Clean Custom Kernel // Naxos Theme // TSF Shell Launcher

moom999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by antt00 View Post
Previously how did you get to MJ7 rom with root?
I rooted MI7 using kingo root then OTA until MJ7

antt00
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
I rooted MI7 using kingo root then OTA until MJ7
Oh so you have fallen into this category which is a knox walking time bomb. At the moment your knox will not trip. But you are rooted with new bootloader., There is a high chance your knox will trip when you try a factory reset.

As to whether you can safely update with mobile odin pro, this I am not sure. Hope someone else can give you the answer.