5,599,337 Members 38,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom recommendations

Tip us?

DaPitt84
Old
(Last edited by DaPitt84; 21st December 2013 at 05:50 PM.) Reason: title mess up
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Rom recommendations

I've rooted my HTC DNA months ago before switching to the note for battery life.

Never used Odin or anything before. HTC you have to s off to root and then use cwm to install roms.
I want the note 3 features and 4.3. My main goal is to remove the bloat but keep the note features. And I really want added battery life. It's nice now but I'm getting a Sony sw2 and I'll have Bluetooth on all day now. So need the battery to last without me switching to a backup battery every day.

What do people recommend me starting with on my first Samsung Rom?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPitt84 View Post
I've rooted my HTC DNA months ago before switching to the note for battery life.

Never used Odin or anything before. HTC you have to s off to root and then use cwm to install roms.
I want the note 3 features and 4.3. My main goal is to remove the bloat but keep the note features. And I really want added battery life. It's nice now but I'm getting a Sony sw2 and I'll have Bluetooth on all day now. So need the battery to last without me switching to a backup battery every day.

I'm a big fan of CyanogenMod, but there are some volume issues on both bluetooth and wired connections that haven't been licked yet. My favorite ROM is Beanstown Jelly'Beans' as it has the stability and features of Samsung's stock software without the bloat and some extra tweaks baked in.

geekcop
Old
Thanks Meter 5
+1 for the JellyBeans recommendation. I was using that for several weeks up until today, when I decided to give it a break to try out PACman. I still have JB available as a restore file. If you're looking for something that resembles stock, go with an AOSP based ROM ( PAC man for example).
" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready
in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

George Orwell

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1715
Did either of you read what he was looking for before answering? He wants something with note 3 features.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.

geekcop
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar View Post
Did either of you read what he was looking for before answering? He wants something with note 3 features.

So instead of getting pissy w/ myself and the previous poster, how about YOU offer the OP some useful advice?
" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready
in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

George Orwell

thisguyeh
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPitt84 View Post

Try the skynote port.